Hide the Mouse Cursor, Classic and New Strategy for Windows, 11, 10, 8.1, ...?
At Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ..., there are different procedures for hiding the mouse cursor, which can be selected freely from AutoHideMouseCursor
Many users who works with full-screen applications prefer the classic strategy. The new Hide Mouse cursor strategy is somewhat more sensitive and work oriented. (... see Image-1)
From Version: 3.01 "New strategy + Aggressive"
Just ... download AutoHideMouseCursor
, test it and write a feedback or comment to me ;-).
For example, the classic strategy, is in example also good to hide the Tooltip and Quick-Info Text!
Decide for yourself which is the better solution to hide the Windows mouse cursor, the procedure is different as I said.
| (Image-1) Mouse Cursor Hiding -Classic and New Strategy for Windows!
Hiding the mouse cursor is sometimes very useful, whether you want to use the mouse cursor on the latest Windows OS or hide the mouse cursor on the desktop, Surface Pro / Go or on a Windows Server system.
The User Request Example:
Hello and thank you for your program. I find it very useful to hide the annoying cursor which frequently interferes when typing within text boxes.
When the cursor is hidden (set for 2sec), the center scroll-wheel on the mouse also becomes deactivated (but the left and right buttons remain active). This forces me to be constantly moving the mouse to scroll, which has now become an annoying habit for me as I am jiggling the mouse even when not necessary especially on other pc's that don't have the program installed.
Could you please allow the scroll wheel to always be enabled? A lot of the times I don't need the mouse cursor as I am only trying to scroll the page.
Please use the new Strategy!
FAQ 4: Updated on: 28 August 2023 09:13
The solution is easy to translate Auto Hide Mouse Cursor in your country language, or change e.g. switch the language in AutoHideMouseCursor. 1. Changing
The solution is simple to uninstall ergo remove the auto hide cursor freeware from you windows PC Please close the Auto Hide Mouse Cursor
This is a program with which you can hide the mouse pointer after a certain period of inactivity and adjust the waiting time in seconds AutoHideMouseCursor
If you have installed a program that hides the mouse pointer after a certain period of inactivity, Content: 1. The deactivation of hiding the mouse
Rarely that the hide mouse tool does not work, but it can happen after Windows 11/10 update Occasional Windows 10 update problems are normal but rare, but
The cursor is hidden when recording on the screen. When playing the video, the mouse pointer is visible, why? The video recording software generated in the
You can easily continue to use the mouse cursor hiding tool on MS Windows 11 as if nothing had happened Contents: 1. Continue to use the mouse cursor
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:
- How to use this simple app to hide your mouse cursor when you're not using on Windows 10, 8.1 My problem is, at least on newer versions of Windows, that the cursor is always on
- AutoHideMouseCursor works very well most of the time, but I would like an option for the timer to repeat/continue even after the cursor hidden. I ask this because some games and apps show the cursor again, and AutoHideMouseCursor thinks the cursor is hidden, so the timer does not run, and the cursor is thus not hidden again, unless I move the mouse or press a keyboard button, which I cannot when playing with a gamepad. I hope you will consider adding this option. Thank you very much!
- Hide a tiny mouse pointer can be a frustrating task, especially on a high resolution laptop screen, where I white pointer can not be hide on Windows OS, why
- Not exactly a Tool Tip, more of a label that describes the box that the mouse is hovering over. If I move my mouse over any box on a web page that is meant to be typed in, then the label appears. The Mouse cursor disappears, but the annoying label remains and becomes a barrier to reading and typing in the text box as shown in the image. Is it possible for these labels to disappear along with the mouse?
- I find the mouse very annoying when trying to type into text boxes and hoped your software would resolve that issue. The mouse does disappear but I have yet to find a way to stop these labels from displaying which is the more annoying part when trying to type and the label covers the text being typed. Is there any way to prevent these labels from displaying or force hide them with the cursor?
- If I use Windows 10, I can use the "auto hidden cursor" theme. Hide Mouse Cursor on Windows 10 and 8.1 with Mouse Pointer Scheme I will need to use keyboard, how to
- The Hide mouse pointer while typing windows feature does not do the work and not hiding the mouse pointer. How to set thid value of the Mouse on windows system registry
- I don't use old (classic) strategy, as i always moves the pointer away when hiding, so if I click when the cursor is hidden, the click goes to "void" instead of the the place where the cursor was originally located.?
- I don't know what windows tool is responsible for hiding the cursor. Can an software for free the one pointer hide we're waiting for a mouseleave or so
- Your program hides the cursor, but when I open a window there is a tiny squared spot. I then move the cursor and the cursor is displayed, then gone whith the 'spot' as it should. But the 'Bug' is that annoying square spot always showing up! I use the portable version.
Bug Fix: resolved in 4.21 For example:
- set "Hidde when you press a key on the keyboard" to ON
- open a file explorer window
- navigate to a folder with several files in it (I have "Detailed"
- select a file with the mouse
- press cursor up or down key to select another file (this makes the
mouse pointer to disappear)
- press alt-enter (this shows the Property dialog for the selected file)
- press ESC (to close the dialog)
- try to move up or down using cursor keys to selected another file:
it does not work, as the explorer windows is not selected
If I then move the mouse, the explorer windows gets selected again.
Another small suggestion: When the mouse cursor is hidden, if I click a mouse button, the cursor stays hidden. I would consider clicking the mouse button to be "using the mouse", so the cursor should become visible again.
- My mouse cursor disappears on my Windows 10 PC, is here are a things that can i try to resolve this problem
- When the cursor is hidden, it very often reappears (when I move the mouse) in the upper left corner of the screen (I have two monitors - the cursor jumps to the left one). I'm not sure if this depends on something or is completely random. Is it AutoHideMouseCursor that is moving the cursor? More details: After I move the mouse, the cursor appears at the correct location, but a split second later, it jumps to the corner of the screen.
- I'm currently testing out AutoHideMouseCursor 3.35 64-bit / Windows 10 OS build 18363 / Chrome 81.0.4044.138 I was recently using a *really old* version of AutoHideMouseCursor that I found online (version 2.14) to workaround a problem on WatchESPN.com videos, where the player controls don't hide in full screen. Using this old version of AutoHideMouseCursor, it *does* fix the problem for me, as the WatchESPN player controls hide when the mouse cursor does. However, I just looked up your website and discovered that you have made *many* updates, and was curious to try the latest version. I just tested version 3.35, but it *no longer* fixes my WatchESPN problem -- the mouse cursor *does* disappear, but the player controls *don't* hide. I searched around and found a copy of 2.71, which, like 3.35, *does not* fix my problem. This means the bug was introduced sometime after 2.14, and on or before 2.71. I'm willing to test older versions between 2.14 and 2.71 to try to narrow down when the bug was introduced if you have any of these. But maybe you have an idea what it could be?
Keywords: auto, hide, mouse, pointer, cursor, mouse, hiding, classic, strategy, windows, seven, 10, 8.1, tooltip, quick, info, Questions, Answers, Software