Help, the screen brightness dimmer is missing in Windows 11?
In some installations the screen brightness control is missing in Windows 11, or there is no brightness option for the monitor in the MS Windows 11 settings!
Some Windows 11 Desktop OK users complain that they cannot change the screen brightness because there is no screen brightness option in the Windows 11 settings of their computers!
1.) Screen brightness regulator in the classic mobility center!
Use the Windows 11 control panel + F3 key search term mobility
1. Windows + R and the direct command mblctr.exe
2. and you can use the mobility center
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
under among other things, the adjustments of the screen brightness, as well as further options: volume, ... etc., very easy and still useful even under Microsoft's newest OS Windows 11!
| (Image-1) Customize the screen brightness in Windows 11!
2.) Screen brightness control in Windows 11 settings!
Open the Settings screen in Windows 11
1. Start Windows 11 Settings ( Windows + i )
2. Go to ► System
3. Scroll on the right side to ► Display
4. In System / Display scroll to the item Brightness
6. And adjust the screen brightness to suit your needs
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 6)
When your PC goes into automatic sleep mode, the screen switches itself off, which is also logical, because no image signal is sent and the screen is completely dark. This fact has nothing to do with the screen brightness control, it's just the energy saving options !
| (Image-2) Adjust the screen brightness controls on Windows 11!
3.) Check the group policy whether it is blocked!
1. Start Run Windows + R and use the command gpedit.msc
User Configuration ► Administrative Templates ► Control Panel ► Display
3. Double-click Disable the on Display Control Panel and deactivate this rule.
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 7)
The brightness option disappears from Windows 11 -Settings, if a setting this policy is enabled in the Group Policy Editor. You can check this setting on your computer. Disable this setting if it is enabled.
| (Image-3) Help, the screen brightness dimmer is missing in Windows 11?
4.) Check the registry entry under Windows 11 Home!
1. Start the Windows Registry Editor as always
2. Navigate to:
3. Double click on the NoDispCPL value and change its value to NULL "0"
4. Optionally, right-click and delete the entry
5. Restart your computer
This value in the registry, which hides the brightness control in the Windows 11 Settings app, or in the Windows quick settings [Windows + A] turns gray. Therefore, changing this value can fix this brightness slider problem.
| (Image-4) Screen brightness control Registry entry!
5.) Why does the screen brightness control not appear for me?
Apart from the fact that the problem arises due to the damaged or wrong monitor driver, which is also the most common cause, there are also unfortunate coincidences that mean that the brightness cannot be adjusted! Please refer; ►► Use the device manager to update the driver!
Some Windows 11 users cannot find the controller or have the problem that they cannot change the screen brightness because there is no screen brightness option in the Windows 11 settings on their computer. The attempted to change the screen brightness via the quick access (Windows + A key) also fail because the slide control for changing the brightness is grayed out or completely missing. The problem with the option to change the brightness in the Windows 11 settings disappears when a certain registry key value has been changed or group policy setting.
| (Image-5) The screen brightness control in Windows 11 quick access!
6.) Alternative tool to adjust the screen holiness!
I developed this little tool myself on the fly, because under Windows you can achieve the same result even without the monitor having this option / supported by a simple color change in the right place, so that the screen brightness can also be influenced with it. Access is easy from a programming point of view, I've embellished it with a few nice options, why not, if you can!
If you are interested: ► The screen brightness manager for Windows is OK!
| (Image-6) The screen brightness manager for Windows is OK!
FAQ 191: Updated on: 7 June 2022 17:50
It is easy to enable the free positioning of the desktop icons on the Windows desktop under Windows 11 You dont necessarily need a desktop icon positioning
Even in Windows 11, fonts give a personal touch when writing with special font styles, so your own fonts are important Its easy to install or uninstall
Its easy to hide cursor while typing on MS Windows 11 or Win 10 PC Many people are bothered when their mouse pointer blocks the view of the text field,
The video quality when recording videos can be improved under MS Windows 11 and 10 OS The video frame rate is usually preset to 30 fps frames per second
Its easy to change the product key to switch from Windows 11 or 10 Home to Pro or for other reasons 1. Changing the product key under Windows 11
Its easy to scan for viruses and malware with Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11, 10 or MS Server operating systems Everyone probably knows how
Its easy to change the color of the taskbar in Windows 11 to enhance and personalize the already stylish design in Windows 11, why not 1. In Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Looking for drivers that should get me to the point of being able to change the screen brightness on Windows 11 again?
- What are the main causes of the special brightness problem on Windows 11?
- Why is it that the brightness is not working on Windows 11?
- Brightness not working on Windows 11, how do I fix it?
- Can someone finally enable me to adjust the screen brightness again on Windows 11?
- Change the brightness slider on my screen, on my Windows 11 computer, laptop and notebook?
- How do I fix brightness working again on Windows 11?
- I have checked the correct monitor driver and in Device Manager, Windows 11 and the ability to adjust the brightness is missing?
- Is there a combination or other troubleshooting methods that allow changing the screen brightness on Windows 11?
- I have found many Windows 11 users have problem, are there many methods to change the brightness of Windows 11?
- Look for the brightness slider error in the Windows 11 settings or a key combination for my graphics card?
- Want to repair or fix the brightness issue, need instructions on how to fix the Windows 11 brightness issue on my screen?
- I'm facing a certain bug and inconsistency since last Windows 11 build I have other option to change the brightness?
Keywords: windows, 11, help, screen, brightness, dimmer, missing, installation, control, there, option, monitor, settings, Questions, Answers, Software