Create search shortcut on Windows 10/11 Desktop, how to?
There are several ways to perform a search in Windows 10/11. The Desktop Search Shortcut is one way, to type in the search box at the top of open window, when you start typing, the Windows 10/11 search begins automatically!
To create the search shortcut on The Windows 10 or 11 desktop please RUN the command
%windir%\explorer.exe search-ms: from The Windows-10 Run Dialog. And use Left-Mouse Drag and Drop!
(... see Image-1)
Search for XLS on C:\
search-ms:displayname=Search (xls on C)&crumb=*.xls&crumb=location:C:\
Search for xls and doc Files on C:\ and D:\
search-ms:displayname=Search (xls and doc on C and D)&crumb=*.xls OR *.doc&crumb=location:C:&crumb=location:D:
You can also search in the search box on the Windows-10 Start menu.
Remove search the web box ► Turn off windows 10 search indexing ► find out what type is my Drive ► Search Tipps
| (Image-1) Search-Shortcut on the Windows-10 Desktop!
Useful tips from (c) Microsoft:
Hide content What does it mean when I see a message that search results might be slow?
It means that the location you're searching isn't indexed. Normally, you get search results quickly because the search includes only the locations on your Windows-10 computer that are indexed. If you change the locations that are being searched, or if you open a folder that's not in the index and search there, the search will take longer. Searches outside of the index only look for files by file name, but index searches on Windows-10 also look for file contents and an assortment of file properties. If you frequently see this message when searching a specific location on your Windows-10 computer, you should add that location to the index.
Show content Hide content What does it mean when I see a message that search results might be incomplete?
It means that the files are still being indexed. To perform fast and accurate searches, Windows-10 collects information about files on your computer. This information is stored in the index. Periodically, Windows-10 needs to update the index. If you perform a search while the index is being updated, the results might be out of date.
FAQ 98: Updated on: 6 July 2022 06:09
You can create a system image of Windows-10, which contains a copy of Windows 10 and copies of your programs, system settings and files Content: 1.
The solution is simple to Save Search results in Windows 10/11 for example for always recurring search events in Windows 10/11 It is very easy to save important
Some programs and features included with Windows 10, such as Internet-Explorer and some Services, must be turned on before you can use on Windows-10. Certain
Windows 10 and 11 sometime close a program or APP and then notify you if it determines that the program is either a security risk or incompatible with Windows-10/11.
The mouse pointer shadow can be easily activated on Windows 10 or 11 and deactivated again if necessary Content / Solution: 1. Change or enable the
The solution to activate the Window 10/11 Start Sound and also for User Logoff, or Logon / Login on Windows 10 and 11 This solution is also for other Microsoft
The solution is simple to start in Window 10/11 the Tool, to make changes in the color profile for a device, for example for printer or fax You can find
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Create search shortcut on desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Search shortcut folder windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to place a shortcut to search files or extensions on windows 10 and Windows 11 desktop?
- How to create a shortcut on desktop to search files and folders in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to put a search shortcut on desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11 for file extensions?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 search desktop shortcut to menu?
- Create shortcut for fast file search on desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to place find files shortcuts in win 10 and Windows 11?
- How to create a desktop shortcut to find files in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to create one file search shortcut in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Place file search shortcut on the desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to make a search shortcut to a search command for windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do i create fast search shortcut on desk top in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Create search shortcut on windows 10 and Windows 11 desktop?
- How to put search file shortcut on desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Create a extensions search desktop shortcut in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Create desktop file search shortcut windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do i make a search shortcut on the desktop in windows 10 and Windows 11 to find files and documents?
Keywords: windows, 10, 11, eleven. ten, create, search, shortcut, desktop, perform, Questions, Answers, Software