How to show last open favorite (the name) in the explorer title bar?
The solution is simple to display the last opened favorite or the name of the .qdr file in the explorer title bar!
This is a very popular function in the title bar name influencing by favorites, which are responsible for all four explorers in the main title bar of the File Manager. To quickly recognize between different Quad Explorer in the desktop taskbar, where the corresponding favorites folder combination was opened, regardless of how many Explorer you open or the number of individual Explorer tabs!
1.) The favorite files in the Explorer title bar!
1. Please start the Quad Explorer
2. In the menu, select Extras ► Title bar ► "Show the last open favorites"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
Please use the latest version of the Quad Explorer to view the correctly display favorites used at program start, but it is really easy to change this option for the title bar!
| (Image-1) Show last open favorite, the name of the .qdr file in the title bar!
2.) What should I watch out for when using the Explorer title bar function?
Please note that you have to decide what should appear in the title bar and what is important for you in the Explorer title bar!
So if, for example, you want to recognize the last opened or currently active folder in Explorer, please use the "Show full path" option. This option shows the full path of the active Explorer in all 4 Tab Explorer groups.
If you "Show only the name" it will be displayed as in Microsoft File Explorer, except that the active folder name of the tab in Explorer will also be awarded
if you prefer to use the "Show full path of the selected file (object)" option, just activate it!
If you do not need this in the title bar of the Quad Explorer, please select the "Show nothing" option !
3.) User request to change the Explorer title name!
The User Question!
we are many in our company to use your tool and we are really enjoying it, our boss even requires everyone to use it: it allows us to be more efficient and I think he's right.
Anyway, my suggestion is about the title bar name: currently you can select to show many things but there is one thing I would like you to add: the name of the Q-Dir file used to open the window (.qdr): The reason is that I'm working on many projects at the same time, and I can have 2 or 3 Q-Dir windows (with 4 windows inside each...) open at the same time. Problem is that sometimes I'm lost with these windows and I'm not sure which one is which... So I would really appreciate to be able to show the name of the .qdr file in the title bar (or some user-editable field for example).
Do you think this is possible for you?
4.) More information about the Explorer titles and favorites!
It is easy to use the favorite folder combination to make it easier to move, copy, delete files and folders. Favorites in Q-Dir are one of the key functions that are responsible for all four Explorer in the file manager, it is often used outside of Germany the top dogs "Norton Commander Clones" which are much more popular are understandable, I also liked to use it on Windows 95 in 1995!
FAQ 98: Updated on: 14 June 2020 12:18
The solution is simple disable all Colors in Q-Dir and highlighting Disable all Colors in Q-Dir and highlighting Tree-View
The solution is simple to select non adjacent files in explorer list view of Q-Dir Content: 1. Solution 1: select multiple files with help of
The solution is simple to enable, disable or customize the Address-Toolbar in Explorer Views of Q-Dir Please click in Q-Dir on Menu, Extras, Address-Bar
The solution is very easy to change the rules for the visibility of the tabs for tabbed browsing in Q-Dir You find this option under the menu item Extras,
Remove Q-Dir from Windows Autostart Startup, this example is for Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7 plus Windows Server Content: 1. Standard Remove from Autostart
The solution is simple to switch in Q-Dir File-Explorer from new to old Tree-View on all Windows 11, 10, Desktop PCs or MS Server OS Content: 1.
The solution is simple to disable or enable Column Header in Q-Dir Listview Please activate or deactivate over: Main Menu > Extras > List-View > Column
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:
- Can I also adjust the title bar under Windows 10 does that, I will use the Quad Explorer on Windows 10, the window color in Windows Explorer is white by default as in Q-Dir, I can do this via the accent color for title bars, all the title bar adjustments work on latest Windows 10 May 2020 update?
- I prefer to use Windows Explorer and switch through the windows with a tab. That is fast enough for me, with up to 16 Explorer windows I don't need a full path in the title bar?
- Under Windows it is only a few clicks of the mouse to fully activate the folder path of the current folder in the title bar. It is easier here, it is almost too much information in the title bar and then 4 File Explorer in Germany nobody wants to use that what is clear, nobody needs the part downloaded at all?
- So it is enough for me as in MS Windows Explorer, the complete file path in the title bar is absolutely sufficient, I do not know anything else under Linux, the Windows Explorer does not show it in its title bar by default, which is currently open but is new to beginners with a lot of information, confused and probably overwhelmed by a quad explorer, but sometimes it can make sense to see the full folder path, why not?
- I like these Explorer title bar functions, why does Windows Explorer not have the changes in the title bar and should there be more in the title bar, maybe a ticker or so is that possible?
- I like to customize personalization on Windows 10, by default I use the path folder in the title bar which is the best for me, good to recognize it in the taskbar tooltip?
- Dear colleagues, I suggest that after at the top of the file commander window, information about the Favorites' bookmark with which the window was initiated should be given. This will help those who intensively use several opened Q-Dir programs at once, moreover they can be opened through different Favorites' bookmarks.
- The complete path to the respective folder who needs that, it will only be shown in the title bar if the classic one is switched on, i.e. if Explorer is active, does the complete path in the upper title bar also appear?
- Examples:I have 3 favourites,I open 3 Q-Dir instance for my 3 favourites, if Q-Dir's wnd title can add the favourite name will be great,because I can easy find one Q-Dir instance when 3 Q-Dir instances window minimizing.
Keywords: show, last, open, favorite, name, file, title, bar, Questions, Answers, Software