How to Change Column Settings in for the Explorer Views in Quad Explorer?
The example to Change Column Settings in the Quad Explorer, is the same like Windows 11, 10, ... etc. Microsoft's-Explorer! (... see Image-1
Just like in Microsoft Windows Explorer, you can change, select and adapt the columns very quickly in the free file 4 x Explorer!
1.) Setting the Explorer columns!
1.Click Choose Details on the View menu
2.Click to select the check box of each item that you would like to add to the current view, or click to clear the check boxes of items that you do not want.
Please use always: ... the latest ergo newest version of the Alternative Windows Explorer Q-Dir!
| (Image-1) Change Column Settings in Q-Dir!
Available Column Settings: Owner , Name , Size Type ,Date Modified , Status , Attributes , Author , Title , Subject , Category , Pages , Comments , Copyright , Date Created , Date Accessed , Attributes , Artist , Album Title , Year , Track Number , Genre , Duration , Bit Rate , Protected , Camera Model , Date Picture Taken , Dimensions , Company , Description , File Version , Product Name , Product Version ,.... On MS-Vista and Windows 10: over 200 columns ! WOW ;) !
2.) Save and load the columns and view settings!
1. Start the Quad Explorer
2. Adjust the view settings (Details, Large icons, ...)
3. Select the appropriate columns, eg for media
4. Hold down the Ctrl Key and click with the right mouse button on the column Header
5. Select "Save" and give a name
6. To load the columns, repeat the Point 4. again
7. And just load the columns and view settings
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 8)
Granted, there are already a few moves, but everyone knows how long it takes to set different individual file explorer columns , especially with a certain column width, it can take a while, now you can choose your favorite columns with the appropriate width and view Quickly reload and use settings with just two clicks.
| (Image-1) Save individual columns set and file explorer views under Windows!
3.) More information about the Explorer columns!
It is difficult to make all users happy. One complains that the columns are constantly changing, the other asks why they don't. One wants color with files, the other wonders about files in red color, etc. ... etc. ... I'm still looking for a solution for the columns to satisfy as many users as possible. I am glad about every optimization and improvement suggestion.
FAQ 8: Updated on: 13 July 2021 05:41
The solution to start the alternative Explorer Q-Dir for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position
The pictures and posters printing function in Q-Dir is from the system, is available on Windows 10/8.1 and Windows Server OS Select and click
To preview images from each explorer View, you can easily activate the image preview in Q-Dir
Here is the solution how to keep selected object in Explorer View, at back and forward navigation this solution is for Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Favorites and Quick links in the Filemanager Q-Dir, a Favorite is for all for explorer Views and other settings
If you wish, that the column settings will be saved, of all Explorer view in Q-Dir and icon size, please enable this option Content / Tip / Solutions: 1.
It is very easy to transfer the view settings in Q-Dir from one explorer list view to another explorer view in Q-Dir
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Search in Windows in vain for a solution, search topic, how to permanently show folder columns in Explorer, in Windows Explorer I have hidden columns as standard, bit rate as standard, that the column widths are automatically adjusted so that the name is not truncated and the column is expanded , have you heard that column widths can be saved automatically in the Q-Dir?
- I always want to change the folder, date of change, type and size for photos, for music title, track number, contributing artists, etc. ..., so adjust columns for music and for photos, however, I definitely do not want to reset it every time!
- As in Windows Explorer, I want to specify exactly and permanently, which columns are displayed there, is it also possible in Quad Explorer Q-Dir?
- Finder in the detailed view name, size, type or date, so the corresponding column heading, I do not recognize the column by which I sort!
- Annoying problem, looking for a solution and whether it is possible to adjust the columns in Explorer and save them permanently for all folders?
Keywords: change, column, settings, q-dir, example, same, like, windows, ms-explorer, click, choose, details, view, menu, select, check, Questions, Answers, Software