Text editing program and text editor, what's the difference?
An often asked question about the difference between a text editing and a text editor, here is the answer!
A text editor is a simple computer program that only edits text. Such programs / APPs are sometimes called a notepad, although this is the wrong term.
Many users of text editors are influenced by Microsoft's Notepad and use the word text editor, these are mostly provided free of charge with most operating systems Linux, Apple's Mac and Microsoft's Windows and can also be used to edit texts .
Thus a text editor is also a text editing program and the difference has been clarified!
Only the extent of the text editing options and the possibilities is quite different here.
As a rule, simple text editing programs
are used as text editors ,
although the free MS WordPad is
already quite extensive with the text editing options, for this reason probably based on the pad
on the popular iPad, or vice versa.
Here is the MS NotePad versus MS WordPad!
| (Image-1) MS Notepad on the left and MS WordPad on the right!
FAQ 57: Updated on: 28 August 2023 07:08
The sound card of the Microsoft Surface Pro can also be defective, but this is not always the case If your Surface Pro is still under warranty, you can
There are a number of ailments caused by incorrect keyboard use, from sore wrists to major long-term problems Advance notice: These complaints can last
Many are unsettled when they hear the phrase "Please think about the environment before you print out this email" This is of course not a printer virus,
If the error message "No valid Win32 application" appears after the download, there may be various reasons The file is damaged, incorrect, or incomplete.
There are several causes for printer connection and printing problems under Windows Make sure the printer is turned on and connected ► Printer management,
There are several solutions from Microsoft for MAC For example the Visual Studio for Mac It provides a solution pad to display a tree view of the entire
Simply turn the mouse hand-link cursor 45 degrees, so it is like the arrows in Windows 10, 8.1, 7 Info: The solution is very simple, but if you dont have
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where is the text editor?
- Documents created in a word processor Word program?
- Are plain text files used by computer programs such as a free text editor for certain programming tasks?
- What is a text editor, is it a text editing program or a program for editing text files?
- Features of a text editing program Typical word editing program Features of a word processing program?
- What is a word processor is it better than a text editor?
- Difference between text editor and word processing program?
- What is the difference between a word processor and a text editing program?
- There are many freeware and shareware text editors which is better for web design to use a text editor or a word processing app.
- What is the difference between word processing software and text editor APP really?
- Difference between editor and wordpad?
Keywords: this, that, other, text, editing, program, editor, what, difference, often, asked, question, about, between, here, answer, simple, computer, Questions, Answers, Software