Adjusting the tabs / tab width in the alternative file explorer!
It's easy to adjust the tab width in the alternative file explorer on all Windows 11, 10, ... etc. Desktop and MS Server OS!
Most Windows users
are used to managing tabbed pages in their browsers. This can also be a great way to manage your files. The Explorer does not offer this by default, but you can use tabs effectively with the alternative Explorer in the latest version of Q-Dir.
Adjusting the tabs / tab width on Windows OS!
1. Start the Quad Explorer MS Windows Server and Desktop
2. Open the Tools menu
3. Activate the desired option "Tab-s ► Width ►
( ... see Image-1 items 1 to 4
| (Image-2) Adjusting the tabs, tab width in the file explorer on Windows!
If the user is bothered by one thing in File Explorer more than anything else, there is no way to customize a tab to make better use of it. It's especially annoying when you've browsed a lot and need to search your drives to recognize the folder in a tab that is too small!
Updated on: 26 August 2023 17:41
Keywords: adjusting, tabs, width, alternative, file, explorer, easy, adjust, windows, 11, 10, desktop, server, users
Similar information on the page
This is the simple solution if U search for a Super Duper MS File Explorer alternative for Windows 11, 10, etc. and MS Server The Quad-Directory Explore gives
Its easy to navigate up one level or more in the individual File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, etc. Classic Microsoft Windows Explorer users are a little
You can easily print a photo overview in File Explorer, such as via the thumbnails in Q-Dir on all MS Windows Desktop and Server OS 1. As always, start
Easy switch in Q-Dir the Explorer Adress bars to One-4-All on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Desktop and Server OS Info: If you use multiple explorer tabs or else
The alternative Windows Explorer, or file manager not only made working on the computer more convenient, but also made it much faster to perform file operations
Quite simply you can adjust the search fields width in the File Explorer on Windows 11 ,10 and 8.1 Hold the mouse over the area marked here see Image-1
It is easy to download an alternative file manager for free to use as a full version on Windows The installable and portable version of the alternative
See also : ... Q-Dir FAQ
Back to : ... Q-Dir Homeage
3D.Benchmark.OK # AlwaysMouseWheel # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # Edge-Chromium # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetPixelColor # GetWindowText # Internet # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # PhotoResizerOK # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # ShortDoorNote # StressMyPC # System # TheAeroClock # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- Help with the smaller tabs I have a much harder time reading the tabs in the table bar, I have enough space for it and in the address bar I see it too what a command I should enter to get the Explorer tabs overview or configuration settings , so enter the desired minimum width?
- I want to enter the minimum width so width of 50 pixels would be fine, then twice as many tabs fit in the tab bar of the Explorer, or does it have something to do with Windows 10?
- How does the file explorer make the tabs small if necessary so that only the respective icon can be seen in the tab?
- Do I have to make a small change in the configuration file, i.e. reduce the minimum width of the tabs as desired in File Explorer?