How to remove read-only or hidden file attribute vial cmd?
The solution to remove read-only or hidden file attribute via cmd in all MS Windows Desktop 11, 10, ... and Server OS!
If you want to change the file attribute via windows command prompt please use ATTRIB command!
Description of the attributes:
H=Hidden, S=System, R = Read-only, A=Archive
use "+" to set a file atribute and "-" to remove file attributes!
# Show the file attribute in folder C:\TEST!
A HR C:\Test\5.txt
A HR C:\Test\Hidden-File1.txt
A HR C:\Test\System File1.txt
# Change the file attribute!
"+" Sets an attribute.
"-" Clears an attribute.
In the example here, delete read-only attribute for all files in the folder "test".
for single File ARTTIB 5.txt -R remove read only
or ARTTIB 5.txt -H remove hidden file attribute
C:\Test>ATTRIB *.* -R /S
# List / Show file attribute again!
A H C:\Test\5.txt
A H C:\Test\Hidden-File1.txt
A H C:\Test\System File1.txt
The help file for ATTRIB command!
Microsoft Windows X [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2014 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>ATTRIB /?
Displays or changes file attributes.
ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A ] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [drive:][path][filename]
+ Sets an attribute.
- Clears an attribute.
R Read-only file attribute.
A Archive file attribute.
S System file attribute.
H Hidden file attribute.
Specifies a file or files for attrib to process.
/S Processes matching files in the current folder
and all subfolders.
/D Processes folders as well.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
FAQ 8: Updated on: 26 August 2023 09:26
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly Content: 1. Right way to close the command Prompt
The taskkill can be used to end one or more processes in any windows OS. With TASKKILL, processes can be killed by the process id or image name. There are
The solution is easy to make the Windows command prompt cmd window wider, to see more of the output text It can be annoying if you are working with the
If you enter long file or folder paths in the cmd.exe command prompt the solution is very simple to avoid typos errors 1. Solution 1: Using drag
You can start programs with a specific process priority via the MS Windows command prompt cmd.exe, with help from the START command Here are the solutions
With NETSH, it is conceivable to display the Wi-Fi or WLAN driver information under Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Please start the Windows command
The solution is simple to use in CMD the NET HELP command, the solution is for Windows 11, 10, and Microsoft Windows Server OS Content: 1. The
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Hide Cmd name?
- Folder attributes hidden under Windows Server 2016 and 2012?
- Cmd del all attributes?
- Hidden Takeown attribute Windows 11?
- How to change hidden to readonly files?
- Cmd show hidden files?
- Remove read only attribute windows 11?
- Unhide hidden files server 2012 cmd?
- Cmd command to remove hidden attribute?
- View and change attributes drive c Windows 11?
- Remove read-only attribute file Windows 11?
- Hide folder commandline?
- How to remove read only file in c drive?
- Folder attribute hidden change MS DOS?
- Change read only attibute on program data file windows 7 cmd?
- Change attribute hidden cmd?
- Show cmd attributes on Windows 11, 10, Server 2016, and 2012?
- Hide cmd folder console command?
- Folder read only c:windows di win 8?
- How to remove file hidden and system properties using command prompt?
- How to remove readonly files from c drive?
- Win 10 file attributes remove, edit even under Windows Server 2016 and 2012?
- Remove the hidden, read only, and system attributes from command prompt windows 7?
- Change drive attributes?
- Hide folder Windows 11?
- Remove write protection via batch cmd line?
- How to remove read-only attribute using cmd?
- Console cmd file properties read-only windows?
- Change file attribute hidden cmd line?
- Change cmd attribute Windows 11?
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 attribute hidden hidden?
- Change file attributes cmd Windows 11?
- Hidden files with cmd attribute change Windows?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, command, prompt, remove, read, only, hidden, file, attribute, Questions, Answers, Software