In Windows 10 / 11, the files are opened with the wrong program, why this?
If in Windows 10 / 11 files or folders are opened with the wrong program, app, or application, change the settings!
Content / Solution / Tips:
Anyone who found installed programs in Windows 11 / 10 faces this problem.
In this FAQ, you will learn how to assign individual files to a specific program and tips for, how to find the location or directory of the particular program. The examples Images here, have been created under Windows 10, but it can also be used as a solution for Windows Server 2016 and other MS OS!
1.) Open the file assignment in Win-11 / 10!
Please start the Windows 10 / 11 File Explorer with the key combination [Windows-Logo] + [E] and mark the corresponding file. Right-click to open the context menu!
Select ► Open with ► "Select other app"
| (Image-1) In Windows 10, Open files with another program!
2.) Select another app or program on Windows 11 or 10!
If you have the file assignment open in Windows 10, it is quite easy to assign other programs to open the file type.
1. Select Default Program, or App for this file type
| (Image-2) Assign file extension program under Windows 10!
3.) Other ways of file allocation under Windows 10 / 11!
You can easily use this example / solution for Windows 11, 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise and even Server 2016. Whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
It is sometimes necessary to use this simple and effective way, to get in touch with the benefits of Windows 11 and 10 OS.
FAQ 241: Updated on: 6 July 2021 14:42
It is easy under Windows 10 to change the security and maintenance settings and adjust them if necessary To open the Security or Maintenance Center ning
It is not easy to change the file associations under Windows 10, but still possible In Windows 7 and the old 8.1 it was relatively easy, now it has become
Not infrequently there are drivers problems when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to the Windows 10 on the notebook Many users are looking for the solution for
Not infrequently that you need a simple help with Notepad, the free text editor in Windows 11 and 10 Here are a few simple hints to the Notepad, the solution
No success with register entries , then you can change the numerical file sorting under Windows 10 or 11 via group guidelines The elegant solution is not
You can change the font size, name, type used in programs on Windows 10/11, but whats the question You can change the DPI settings under Windows 11/10,
When creating Windows 10/11 accounts , I should add a family account or other user Both account types can be created as a local account or a Microsoft account
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I don't understand it is a completely wrong program to open a file on Windows even though I haven't selected it, what are your options?
- Set file type associations should be easy, does Windows 10 and 11 offer a suitable tool to assign programs to file types?
- I want to set standard programs on Windows 10 and 11 can you please show me the standard apps that are responsible for opening files?
- Help after updating to Windows 10 and 11, many files are opened in Explorer with a different program than before, what am I doing wrong or did Windows reset during the upgrade?
- Before I reinstall Windows 10 and 11 I try to change the default mapping of the file type, how can I handle the file opening with problem?
- Do I need step-by-step instructions on how to change the default program assignment?
- Wondering if Windows 10 and 11 can set standard APPs need a tip to choose the settings of the standard apps or programs?
- I open the files with the wrong program on Windows 10 and 11, I have a list of programs I want to delete or remove them in the registry, how can this happen?
- Help how do I change the program to open a file on Windows?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, files, opened, with, wrong, program, application, change, settings, Questions, Answers, Software