Can not drag In Explorer View at Windows Administrator Mode!
When the File Manager runs under your admin mode and for example 7zip in normal user account (a medium integrity level)!
1.) Lower / Higher level processes and User Interface Privilege Isolation!
This is the security in Windows 10 and 8.1 (User Interface Privilege Isolation), this prevents lower level processes in this example 7 zip to sending messages to higher level ones in this case the File Manager Q-Dir .
For all Windows OS allow to send the drag and drop from admin to admin, admin to user and not user to admin process ergo program. Read more about Windows Integrity Mechanism Design!
► Dragging doesn"t work at all when dragging from a network (mapped) drive!
► Folders expand too quickly at drag over, in Tree-View
► How can i force, move, or copy of the data while dragging
► How can i synchronize directories whit xcopy.exe?
The Quad Explorer is in Admin mode (... see Image-1 Point 1)
| (Image-1) Can not drag In Explorer View at Windows Administrator Mode!
2.) Useful info from (c) Microsoft about Interface Privilege!
Useful info (c) Microsoft:
The Windows Integrity levels define different levels of trust-worthiness for applications and programs running at different levels of secure access. Most applications in Windows 10, 8.1 and other Windows OS run at a standard user level of access at the medium integrity level. Applications and Programs at the medium integrity level do not experience any restrictions on how they interact with other applications and with data at the medium integrity level. Specific tasks, programs, services or applications that require the administrative rights run at a full and high integrity level for Windows. In the most case the Windows system services run in system integrity level, this is so because there are restrictions on their ability to interact with the default desktop, and they often run with powerful system privileges. A few applications that have been designed to run with the fewest rights possible, such as Protected Mode Windows Internet Explorer, can run with a low integrity level.
Read more about Windows Integrity Mechanism Design!
FAQ 109: Updated on: 14 May 2021 17:01
To Show or hide the hidden files and folders in Explore View of Q-Dir, is also possible in the File Manager If you want to change the Settings.
The solution is simple to show folder total size in the File-Explorer Status-Bar of the Quad-Explorer Q-Dir on all MS Windows OS You can see File Information
The solution is simple to Open in new process via right-click menu, menu item is not removed in Quad-File-Explorer for all MS Windows Desktop and Server
The option Soft-Refresh to prevent listing or re-sorting of the list view, eg with Drop, Paste, Refresh If this option is enabled in the file manager Q-Dir
The solution to only see new Q-Dir strings for incomplete translation, only the strings with the changes Content: 1. The new strings in Quad Explorer
One can influence the ini file, at 7.75 is easy to have the two quad explorer with separate settings on your MS Windows OS For example 1. Assign "Q-Dir_x64
Its easy to see the MP3 tags in Quad Explorer on Windows 10/11, its the same as in MS Explorer Here in the example under Windows 10 or 11 should man in
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Hello, i found out what was the problem.For some reason Q-dir was treating folders on the hard drive as read only. I turned that off and now i can drag'n'drop from Filezilla. It wasn't set to read only by me at any point, and i don't know if it is something about my pc or about Q-dir. Anyway, everything now works fine, and you can suggest to check if folders are read only to someone who has a similar problem.?
- The Drag&Drop from Win Explorer or Desktop to Q-Dir doesn't work. Instead of copying, the ban appears.
- Can't drag and drop files from Filezilla to Qdir anymore since version 7.96. It wprks from qdir to Filezilla though.?
- I found Q-Dir running in Admin mode, even though I didn't set it up. Now I have removed the admin privileges and the Drag & Drop in the Quad-File-Explore for Windows!
- This is kind of weird. I've tried to experiment again with File manager, and this is what I've got, when start it as Admin, I have this icon, and I can NOT transfer files from my emails:, when I start it normally, then I have this icon: and I can Drag & Drop the files from my emails or 7zip without any problems. Originally I set my shortcut to "Open as Administrator", and that's probably why I couldn't Drag & Drop the files.But this is pretty weird, because if anything, then it should be the opposite. If you need any info about my other settings, please let me know.?
Keywords: drag, explorer, view, windows, administrator, mode, when, file, manager, runs, under, your, admin, example, 7zip, normal, user, account, medium, integrity, level, this, security, Questions, Answers, Software