Help on Windows 10/11 I can not change the file time stamp, why?
It is easy even under Win 10/11 to do this successfully, with Windows 10 you can also change the file time!
1.) The cause is the Windows 10 or 11 folder protection or the access rights!
The folder access can be pretty quickly limited by the folder Security in Windows 10, here is a simple solution that is often used by administrators on the Windows server!
Senseless switching off the folder protection is not recommended, especially if you do not feel annoyed by the constant error messages and warnings. But sometimes you just can not work normally with the Windows 10 desktop programs, then you can disable it with care.
Please note that you may need administrative or equivalent permissions to change file times in specific directories or for specific files. Make sure you have the necessary permissions to make the changes you want.
2.) Nevertheless, problems with "file-time change in Windows 11 or 10!
Nevertheless, problems with "File-time does not change" What can I do if I still have problems with "File-time does not change" is a frequently asked question Restart the Windows operating system, please perform a proper Windows reboot
. If the problem with "to not change file time" persists then just move the files and folders to a directory where you have full access rights and folder protection is not given. Check your computer for Ramsoware and Trojans
FAQ 15: Updated on: 16 September 2023 15:12
If you want to change the file time via the file name, heres an example with pictures saved on the Android smartphone or iPhone Foreword: Starting with
It works but Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and MS Server 2019, do not show the date before 1980 in MS Windows Explorer If you list it in the Windows command prompt
After assigning the timestamp from the file name, I want to change the time to 00:00:00 ? User question: I have a request. When converting filenames to
The solution, just set or change the time at the file time and not the date, it is quite easy to just set the time for the file time in New File Time, in
You can also use New-File-Time commercially to change the file time using software under MS Windows 11, 10, etc. OS User question: I think NewFileTime
You can continue to use the file time and date change tool on Windows 11 as usual on Windows 10, and MS Server 2019, You can also make file time
You can use the dark theme / darker mode in the file time stamp tool, or deactivate it under Microsofts Windows 11 and 10 I was hoping that at some point
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I like to use a separate tool with a graphical user interface that is available as a useful tool for countless needs, i.e. the tool of choice, better still as a portable application, which means that I can take action in a dialog to set the desired times , Created, Modified and then click Run to change the files to the desired timestamp?
- Changing the creation and modification date of a file can be a difficult task on Windows, my PC or the camera has set the wrong date, now the edited photos and films have an incorrect time stamp. How can I change this?
- FileTimeStamp doesn't seem to change the timestamps. I enter the exact time at which I want to be created / changed / called up, press the setting time and nothing changes. Just downloaded 3.66 Could I have done something wrong?
- Looking for a solution for Windows without a console tool that would be quite easy to change a file with something other than the current time stamp?
- On Windows 10 do I want to manipulate date of files and folders in Windows, occasionally do I want to adjust the date of files created at a later time?
- I have created numerous files for a presentation, now I have found that the creation date should be adapted to other files, to the desired date and time, looking for a solution?
- For example, I tried to change the date in Windows Explorer, but it is not suitable for this, I also know the Windows standard tools that are available, I am looking for a separate freeware with which I can change the file date, want to change the date via PowerShell not me?
Keywords: help, windows, 11, 10, change, file, time, stamp, easy, not, work, successfully, content, solution, cause, Questions, Answers, Software