Windows 11, 10, ... Prepare USB drive for Mac OS for data exchange!
Sometimes you just have to prepare a USB drive for Mac OS between Windows 11, 10, ... etc. to exchange data for pictures, documents, ...!
A file system determines how an operating system writes data to a hard drive or a USB drive, the exFAT is well suited for this! You can also use FAT / FAT32, but this is only possible via the command prompt, unless the disk is under 32 GB!
1.) Preparing the USB drive under Windows 11, 10, ... etc!
1. Insert the USB stick or the external drive into the USB port
2. Start the File Explorer with Windows + E and mark the removable disk
3. Open the formatting dialog with the right mouse button and switch to exFAT
4. Start formatting with the Start button .
5. Confirm the message with OK:
Caution! When formatting, ALL data on this data carrier will be deleted. Click OK to format the disk. Click "Cancel" to abort the process.
6. Then the data carrier is ready, check with a right click whether the format is correct
2.) Copying the data to a USB stick with exFAT for the Mac!
This is not much different from other file copying operations , just open the USB drive in a file explorer with the keyboard shortcut Windows + E, start the second file explorer and copy or move the data.