Console and PowerShell show the Date or change the Time!
In console CMD.EXE, or PowerShell to output or display the date, there is no expert knowledge required, here are short example how to do it!
For the CMD, it is the TIME command and the DATE command for the date, after confirming the DATE or TIME command, the time or date does not change.
For Power Shell, there are two commands SET-DATE and GET-DATE
To console CMD.EXE, or Powershell to output or display the date, there is no expert knowledge, here are short examples on how to achieve it!
1.) Query in the console for date and time!
Here is a simple example of querying the date and time on Windows using the command prompt.
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.1042]
(c) 2022 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The current date is: Sat 09/16/2017
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy)
The current time is: 11:24:59.91
Enter the new time:
2.) The query of date and time with Powershell!
The modern PowerShell also has date and time query functions, this is very practical because more and more PowerShell scripts are in use, then you can use them wonderfully.
Check more info on date and time: https://www.colorconsole.de/PS_Windows/en/Get-Date.htm
More information on date and time: https://www.colorconsole.de/PS_Windows/en/Set-Date.htm
Copyright (C) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-date
Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:26:42 AM
PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-date -uformat "%Y / %m / %d / %A / %Z"
2017 / 09 / 16 / Saturday / +02
PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-date -format g
9/16/2017 11:29 AM
3.) More tips on date and time in Microsoft Windows
The correct settings for date and time are very important, especially if backup programs are working time-oriented in the background, or for other activities that require an absolutely correct date and time under Windows. Incorrectly set date can sometimes lead to big problems.
Here you will find more tips on date and time settings in Microsoft Windows operating systems that may be of help to you.
FAQ 16: Updated on: 26 August 2023 09:27
So you dont need hacking tools or professional knowledge to see the Wi-Fi Password of your Current Network on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, plus MS Server OS
Programs with a certain process priority can be started via the Windows command prompt cmd.exe with the START command The system treats programs with
The solution with XCOPY under Windows is very easy to copy directory structure without files on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Here is the command:
Drivers are one of the most important software installed on a Windows PC. No matter if its Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or the old Windows 7 + MS Server OS Improperly
The solution is extremely easy to save and restore the Wi-Fi settings in Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7 Restoring the Wi-Fi settings after reinstalling the Windows
The Format command prompt command is this one that you can use to format a partition on a hard disk, or USB disk Tip: You can also format drives without
The tracert command tracks the route a package needs to reach a destination and displays information about each hop on that route. For example, start tracert
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Request Powershell time?
- Show time in powershell?
- Show current time with console?
- Retrieve date and time with shell from npt?
- Request console current system time?
- Update date and time automatically PowerShell, request date?
- Windows 10 prompt time query?
- Windoes cmd show date and time?
- Get Powershell system time?
- Show cmd time?
- Powershell output current time?
- I would like to display the time with PowerShell or possibly also display the date with Powershell. Can you display the time with PowerShell?
- Powershell script output current time?
- Powershell file change date time?
- Where can I find the date or time in PowerShell?
- Show time in cmd?
- Output date and time and username in powershell in log?
- Powershell command time query?
- Show clock with Windows Power Shell?
- Spend cmd hour?
- Output Powershell weekday German?
- Show Powershell time zone?
- Read Powershell time to display the time in the console?
- Do you want to display the date and time with Powershell or query the time?
- Time issue console windows?
- Create Powershell datum.txt?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, console, powershell, show, date, change, time, output, display, short, example, Questions, Answers, Software