Is there a way i can stop it from saving the file to my desktop?
At DesktopOK 1.71 it is possible to save the DesktopOK settings and Desktop Icons Layout in The Windows Registry!
Similarly, one can now optionally rename the DesktopOK.exe to DesktopOK_reg.exe. Thus, the Iconlayout and the settings are stored in the registry.
Under : "HKCU/Software/SoftwareOK.de/DesktopOK".
Since there were reports by user, about save problems in Windows 7 is available at this time as an alternative.
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
| (Image-1) DesktopOK save the settings in Windows Registry!
FAQ 7: Updated on: 25 August 2017 15:42
DesktopOK - FAQ-7: Is there a way i can stop it from saving the file to my desktop?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
Yes, DesktopOK has this save option for the correct layout naming for multi-screens and virtual desktop, via menu, menu-point Save Options. Info: At 1.75 works the x86x32
It is very easy to switch / change the Language in DesktopOK to English or to Other Language. Is the same version or download. Please start the DesktopOK.
You must activate the Auto-Save feature in DesktopOK , and it does not matter whether it is, Windows 10, 8.1, or MS Server 2019, OS Info: Easy
It is easy to save and load the desktop icons position from a file, and it does not matter whether it is Windows 10, 8.1, or MS Server OS Content:
Dont use the TEMP folder in Windows, and dont start the DesktopOK.exe from the zip folder. For correct work Please use always the latest version
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- DesktopOK automatic ini start, stop windows from saving in last folder?
- How do i stop downloads from saving to my computer, how to stop downloads from saving to the desktop?
- Thank you for your program DesktopOK. I use it all the time. I have a question... everytime I save my desktop it puts a ini file on my desktop. it's called "DesktopOK.ini". Is there a way I can stop it from saving the file to my desktop?
- How do I stop files automatically going to my documents in windows 7?
- When I switch back to my Windows account, I see that DesktopOK has saved positions with resolution from that other user, and with only one monitor. If I haven't manually saved icon positions before his switch, I cannot restore my icons.?
- Stop windows from saving in last folder?
- Another user comes at the computer, switches to his user account in Windows, DesktopOK keeps running in my account. This other user uses different screen resolution, and only one monitor.?
- How to stop downloads from saving to the desktop?
- Desktop ok exe?
- Desktop ok exe, How do I stop files automatically going to my documents in windows 7?
- Only I run DesktopOK, have it set up to auto-save icon position. I have two monitors, and use both in my account.?
- I found one problem:?
- How to stop adobe files saving to desktop?
- Very nice program design. The program seems to save OK but does not restore. I tried the other version but got the same results. Nothing happens when I click restore after changing the layout to test the program. What can I do?
- How do i stop downloads from saving to my computer?
- My PC has other users than me, sometimes we are logged on at the same time (using Switch User).?
- DesktopOK automatic ini start?
Keywords: desktopok, there, stop, from, saving, file, desktop, registri, layouts, positions, Questions, Answers, Software