Create a password reset eg. recovery disk for Windows 8.1, 8 and Windows 10!
The solution to create a password reset disk to recovery account password in Windows 8.1, 8, Windows-10 and Windows Server 2012!
The password reset disk feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please insert a USB flash drive or other removable disk, to create a password reset disk!
So, the best is to use a small USB memory stick! This is very good to be kept under wraps. Start Windows-Run (command prompt) [Windows + R] enter the command RunDll32.exe keymgr.dll,PRShowSaveWizardExW. (... see Image-1 Arrow-1)!
Then just follow the instructions in the Windows 8.1 or 8 "Forgotten Password Wizard". 5 steps to the goal :-)!
If already exists a Windows 8.1/8 password reset disk for this user account, creating a new one will make the old one unusable.
If this disk already contains password reset information, this feature will replace the existing information!
Start the Wizard.(... see Image-1 Arrow - 1 and 2)
Select the password key disk: (... see Image-2 Arrow-1)
Enter current user account password: (... see Image-3 Arrow-1)
Progress, create the reset Disk: (... see Image-4 Arrow-1)
Completing the Windows Forgotten Password Wizard: (... see Image-5 Arrow-1)
| (Image-1) Start Forgotten Password Wizard in Windows 8.1, 8 and Server 2012!
This wizard helps you to create a "password reset" disk. If you forget the password for this user account and you are unable to log on, you can use this disk to create a new password.
Note: No matter how many times you change your password, you only need to create this disk once.
Warning: Anyone can use this disk to reset the password, and therefore have access to this account.
To store password recovery information on a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive before clicking Next.
| (Image-2) Create a password reset eg. recovery disk for Windows 8.1 and 8!
Select the password key disk drive for Windows 8.1, 8 and server 2012
| (Image-3) Enter current user account password for reset disk in Windows 8.1!
Make sure the disk is still in the drive and then type the current user account password. If the account does not have a password, leave the box blank.
| (Image-4) Progress, create the reset disk in Windows 8.1!
| (Image-5) Completing the Windows Forgotten Password Wizard!
You've successfully created a password reset disk for this user account. Discard any previous disks; they can no longer be used.
Label this disk "Password Reset" and keep it in a safe place.
FAQ 139: Updated on: June 24th 2015 13:24
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to set password in local disk in windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 using password reset disc?
- Windows 8.1and Windows 10 Password Reset Disk?
- Create a Password Reset Disk in Windows 8.1and Windows 10?
- Software fore making a flash drive to a windows 8 and Windows 10 password recovery.?
- Password reset disc for windows 8 and 8.1and Windows 10?
- Password reset disk windows 8.1?
- How do you make recovery disks for windows server 2012?
- This feature requires removable media as a usb drive wondows8?
- Make Windows 8.1 Recovery USB?
- Password reset disk for windows 8.1 and Windows 10?
- How to create password reset disk for windows 8 server?
- How to keep password for local disk windows 8?
- Create a Password Disk Windows 8.1?
- Password reset disk windows 8.1.?
- Create Windows 8.1 Recovery Disk?
- Freeware win 8.1 password reset disk or iso file?
- Password reset disk wizard windows 8.1and Windows 10?
- Create a backup password for windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 backup password?
- Windows 8.1 password reset software free download?
- Forgotten Password Wizard Windows 8.1?
- How to make removable reset disk in Windows 10?
- User reset password require removable media such a usb flash drive in Windows 10?
- Password reset disc windows 8 and Windows 10?
- Windows 10 pw recovery disk?
- How to create a password reset disk with command prompt in Windows 10?
- Password reset disk 8.1 and Windows 10?
- Windows 8.1 password key disk?
- UNABLE TO CREATE A PASSWORD RESET DISK IN WINDOWS 8.1?
- Password reset disk windows 8.1?
- Password backup for 8.1?
- Enable administrator account windows 8.1 flash driver or cd for key disk in windows 8?
- Password key disk for windows 8?
Keywords: windows, 8.1, eight, ten, 10, create, password, reset, recovery, disk, Questions, Answers, Software