How to activate the quick start of Windows 11?
With the quick start of Microsoft's Windows 11, the operating system starts faster, activation and deactivation is always possible!
1.) Activating the quick start on Windows 11/10!
1. Start as always, the Windows 11 Control Panel
2. Press F3 and enter the text "energy"
3. Click " Power Options"
3. Then click on the text "Change what the power button do"
4. Go to "change settings that are currently unavailable"
5. And activate / deactivate the quick start under Windows 11
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7)
If you don't see an option for hibernation, it has been turned off at some point. Many energy optimization apps
and disk cleaners
may turn off hibernation to save space. At the same time, this means that Windows 11 cannot be started quickly!
| (Image-1) Activate / deactivate the quick start of Windows 11!
2.) Is it better with activated quick start under Windows!
Wenn man einen schnellen PC hat und ausreichend Platz auf der Festplatte kann man es bedenkenlos aktivieren, und das System startet auch schneller, denn es wird eben ein RAM / Arbeitsspeicher Speicherabbild auf der Festplatte gespeichert. Aus diesem Grund benötigt man auch in der Regel 6 GB Platz für die hiberfil.sys!
Here you can see it on my 16 GB RAM computer 6,837,346,304 bytes that is 6.4 GB in Q-Dir!
(... see Image-2 Point 1)
Who needs the space?
► Deactivate or activate the hybrid hibernation via the command line!
If it does not work?
If it is because the hibernation has been deactivated or is not supported by the system, all drivers must be installed correctly and all PC hardware must support the hibernation!
| (Image-2) The quick start of Windows 11 also takes space on the C Drive!
3.) What can I expect from the quick start of Windows 11/10?
Starting is faster, depending on the device, the system starts in 1 to 3 seconds, but with very old PCs without SSD it can be 10 or more seconds! However, it is not an advantage with a classic Windows restart even under Windows 11, when restarting the operating system is shut down completely and all drivers and programs are restarted!
Restarting takes time and it is not loaded from the hiberfil.sys, in short , there are advantages when Shutting Down
and starting up and not when Restarting
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 3
| (Image-3) Quick start advantage in Windows 11 not when restarting via Restart!
FAQ 68: Updated on: 26 August 2023 06:45
Is it easy to set the timer, stopwatch or alarm under Microsofts Windows 11 OS Content: 1. Timer, stopwatch or alarm under Windows 11 2.
The simple solution if Windows 11 goes into stand-by mode too early or the screen goes black too quickly If no other software is running that prevents hibernation,
Activating or deactivating the mouse trails / tracks in MS Windows 11 OS is a very quick affair Content: 1. The mouse trail in MS Windows 11 2.
It is easy to open the command prompt in the MS Windows 11 OS Terminal APP 1. Command prompt in the MS Windows 11 OS Terminal APP 2. More information
MS Windows 11 OS makes it easier for us to position windows in preset layouts thanks to a function called Snap In the past, positioning was possible with
You can theoretically install Windows 11 on a 30 gigabyte partition, but MS Windows 11 requires 64 GB Content: 1. The correct size of the Windows
If Safely remove drives, hardware or eject media is missing in the MS Windows 11 OS taskbar, you should not panic Open the ► old method to adjust the notification
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I thought I had to disable and enable fast startup in the control panel in Windows 11?
- Has Windows 11 also integrated the quick start, if you shut down Windows 11, should booting up be faster?
- Change power and sleep settings in windows 11?
- Wondering where to disable or enable fast startup in windows 11?
- Windows 11 quick start is missing via the Windows Terminal did the deactivation or activation not work?
- Windows 11 startup Enable fast startup to enable fast boot on windows 11?
- Is fast boot hybrid hibernation or is it hibernation that can be disabled via the registry?
- I am one who would like to work with fast startup on Windows 11?
- Faster system startup on Windows 11 to boot faster?
- With what can Windows 11 start faster, should you enable fast startup?
- Can I enable fast boot on Windows 11?
- Disable fast startup windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, activate, quick, start, with, microsoft, operating, system, starts, faster, activation, deactivation, always, possible, Questions, Answers, Software