My-Documents Windows 10, change the path, how to?
Of course, you can change also under Windows 10 the path for "My documents" and it's pretty easy to do, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and 7!
See also: ► Change win 10 product key ► change administrator in windows 10 ► change the windows 10 drive letter
Content / Solution / Tip:
1.) Move Personal, Download, Files, ... folders in Windows 10!
Start the MS Explorer for this and please type in the Address Bar shell:profile and confirm this press ENTER (see Figure 1).
Then select "My documents" in the Explorer. Click with the right mouse button on it and choose cut. Then insert into the desired folder with "CTRL + V"! Do not a copy action this has to be a move folder action!
Move the folder wherever you want. Or do right Mouse Drag&Drop. (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 4)
Windows 10 will auto change all registry entries!
Here I have created a folder with the name "D:\User1" created on Volume "D:\" and moved the folder "My documents", "My music", "My videos", "My Pictures", ... . A practical matter, if you must reinstall Windows 10, you can repeat the process and all data are back.
See the result: (... see Image-2)
| (Image-1) Move My-Documents on Windows 10 to another volume!
You can move folders from the profile folder of your account to other drives. For example, the Desktop or My Pictures folder requires a lot of disk space, and you can move it to another disk to increase the free space on the system disk. Here in the FAQ it explains how you can move the location of the default profile folder.
By default, the profile folders are stored on the local disk C:\ in the Users folder. They contain the following folders: Contacts; Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Music, OneDrive, Pictures, Saved Games, Search, Video, etc. It happens that some users confuse the folders and save them all in a folder and then do not know how to find files individually in the default directory!
| (Image-2) My-Documents on new Volume!
2.) The Registry Key Entries for Personal folders on Windows 10!
The Registry Key Entries:
User Shell Folders
The following values are responsible for the individual folders in the registry:
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\My Documents
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Verlauf
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Music
REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Video
► Can I change drive name in windows 10, how to?
► Change Windows Desktop Icon Size and View ,plus save!
FAQ 156: Updated on: November 5th 2018 19:36
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where to find my Documents folder in windows 10, access windows 10 menu folder?
- Where to locate Documents location in windows 10?
- Windows 10 own pictures documents music by d: move?
- Win 10 path own pictures change?
- The default location My documents Windows 10 change?
- Windows 10 do with their own files?
- Windows 10 My Documents Real folder path?
- Registry own documents Windows 10?
- How to change windows 10 path?
- How to change a path in windows 10 change my volume path?
- How to change the storage location of Windows?
- In My Documents path change in Windows 10 about the Registry?
- My documents folder in How to change a path in windows 10?
- Dear SoftwareOK team ! I want to please like to know how the standard program or at Win 10 - can change the "My Documents" path!
- My Music folder path moved to their own files Windows 10?
- Windows 10 User paths change?
- Change default location Windows 10?
- Windows 10 home own files change path?
- Change Windows 10 default address for Save?
- How to find the My Documents in windows 10 and Move it on another Drive or Volume?
- Where is Documents folder located on Windows 10?
- My Documents windows 10, Windows 10 changing document path?
- Windows 10 path regedit change own files?
- Change folder for photos Download, Win 10 Change storing your own files?
- Change the default location for the My Documents folder Windows 10?
- Change path for own files, change Windows 10 appdata path?
- My documents path windows 10, how to Change windows 10 documents location in registry?
- Windows 10 my documents?
- Path win 10 change document images?
- My documents windows 10, Change path default windows to D windows 10?
- Windows 10 source folder?
- How do I change to a folder of documents in music?
- Windows 10 path lost to own files?
- Embed Windows 10 image directory under your own files?
- Location set their own documents?
- Move My Documents under Windows 10 registry keys own files?
- My Documents (documents) Windows 10 move on D :?
- Group policy path change to the own documents under Windows 10?
- Change Paths own pictures Windows 10?
- Where is my Documents for programs folder in Windows 10
- Change Windows 10 Download Locations?
- What is the name of the Documents folder in windows 10?
- Windows 10 as changes to the path to their own files?
- Change windows 10 user path and change document path windows 10?
- Windows 10 detour libraries registry?
- Change My Pictures directory Windows 10?
- Change automatically change path Windows User Profile and My Documents location win 10?
- Where is the Documents folder in windows 10?
- Shortcut in My Documents not working?
- I there a my Documents folder real path on windows 10?
- Change the path for my documents, Windows 10 personal folder move registry?
- My Documents path change Windows 10 does not work?
- Windows 10 Registry folder My Documents?
- Windows 10 own files change path, path change documents and Windows 10 own file change?
- Path to save files change Windows 10?
- The path to public documents under Windows 10 change?
- Where I find My Documents folder in Windows 10 and move?
- Are all documents stored on the hard disk where Windows is installed on the desktop?
- Where is the my Documents folder in windows 10, how to change the path?
- Win 10 shift own files Registry?
- Where's the my Documents in windows 10, for programs?
- Via regedit the path to the My Documents change?
- Win 10 location for your own documents change?
- Change the default memory My Documents folder in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 own documents change path which changes in registry?
- Windows registry move 8 own files?
- Windows 10 creative update restore user documents to documents?
- Windows account path Set your own pictures?
- Where is my Documents folder on windows 10, how to find?
- Windows 10 my documents path?
- Windows 10 64bit own files change path?
- Windows 10 all Documents?
- Where is the My Documents in win 10?
- Windows 10 move My Documents register path is missing?
- Win 10 own pictures change default folder?
- Windows 10 own documents setting registry?
- Paths own files change registry Windows 10?
- Standard path own documents change Windows 10?
- Windows 10 my Documents and Pictures?
- Where is the my Documents folder in windows 10, how do i move it on windows 10?
- Location for photos, documents and downloads Change Tool?
- Registry path own files Windows 10?
- Change My Documents Windows 10 Registry?
- Windows 10 home locations for my own files change?
- Show Windows 10 Music entire length of music in a folder?
- Windows 10 path own pictures?
- Where is the my Documents folder in windows 10 how to change the path?
- Windows 10 Starter own documents?
- My Documents path?
- Where can I find the path for the My Documents folder?
- Path for own files change Windows 10 Registry?
- Move the Documents folder in windows 10?
- Change Path own files Windows 10?
- Windows 10 own documents change path own files on D :?
- In Windows 10 change the path for your own file?
- My-Documents Desktop Windows 10 Registry?
- My documents Windows, Change documents windows 10?
- Move your files to d Windows 10 via regedit?
Keywords: windows, 10, documents, change, path, music, videos, pictures, Questions, Answers, Software