Where is the difference to shut down and reboot Windows 10 (8.1, IE 11, 7)?
A legitimate question about the difference between turning off, shutting down, and restarting the Windows PC!
Of course, everyone knows that shutting down silences the Windows operating system and that the Windows operating system shuts down when restarts the computer then Windows reboot the PC.
However, many Windows users use rebooting far too seldom, believing that turning it off and then turning it on again is one and the same. This is under Window but not quite right.
Because only when restarting the Window PC (whether 10, 8.1 or 7) completely shut down, the memory is deleted, all APPs are shut down and restarted. This is especially so when in Windows the hybrid standby is enabled.
So, let's start the Windows properly this is a correct restart of all Windows os!
To enter the selection menu, press the Windows + D keys on your Windows, then Alt + F4. After that, the Windows shutdown menu will appear! (... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
For hangers, of course ► try the he Debugger or Safe Mode!
| (Image-1) Initiate Windows shutdown or reboot!
FAQ 22: Updated on: 4 September 2023 09:59
The solution is simple to start the cmd.exe run, open, find on all Windows OS Easy use the Window + R keyboard shortcut and enter the command cmd or cmd.exe
From Windows 7 to Windows 10 you can open the folder with the last saved search results Content: 1. Foreword to the search results directory in Windows
Under all Windows operating systems you can open the trash / Recycle Bin settings quite quickly to customize it The Recycle Bin stores deleted files until
Yes, you can use command line to save or load the desktop icons layout directly from a file on Windows 10, 8.1, 7 and all other Win OS Please use always
The solution is quite simple to disable or enable the confirmation of access to the clipboard in Internet Explorer The clipboard in Internet Explorer is
The solution is simple to go back to 1803 from the new Windows 10 1809 October 2018 Auto-Update Content: 1. Problems with 1809 Update 2. External
The easy solution to restart a background service on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and MS Server Operating Systems 2022, 2019, 2016, The "Restarting of Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 10 opens programs after startup that did not exit before shutdown?
- What can I do because it takes Windows 10 to boot up, and after 5 minutes the PC is still booting up?
- We'll show you what the difference between hibernate and shutdown is, or even freeze, should you shut it down "normally" and restart?
- The Difference : Windows shuts down when shutting down , so the PC will ideally not need power.?
- What happens when shutting down from the computer into what about the power supply?
- How do I know that I update my computer to Windows 10 when shutting down?
- So what happens when you simply shutdown your PC on Windows 10?
- Difference between reboot and normal startup?
- What exactly happens on the operating system when the computer is switched off?
- I recently installed Windows 10 Pro, I don't have to restart and shutdown what can I do?
- If you want to shut down Windows 10 , there are several methods. Reboot: With this option, Windows 10 completely shuts down, or?
- If you have trouble turning off Windows 10 automatically. Backing up your registrar database, the Make a change; Shutdown ; Restart ; Shut down?
- It is similar when shutting down, the PC only shuts down about 5 minutes after I have pressed "shut down".?
- Loading screen on restart, Windows 10 starts up extremely slow and extremely slow down, what to do?
- Can I start working again when starting up?
- With tasks that take some time, you can leave your computer alone, but to shut down or reboot you need to leave it alone on all Windows OS
- I don't want to reset my system or start working, is it not a month ago that I bought my PC?
- It does not work, it always hangs in the restart, shutdown does everything work but restart does not?
- Can a restart help as an alternative to a simple shutdown?
- And is there anything else to consider in a reset? The fact that there must be a difference, I noticed for the first time that there was no way to get into the BIOS when resetting a notebook (ThinkPad T 23) - but well, after he was properly shut down. So there has to be something else going on.?
- Hello, I would like to shutdown my PC correctly?
- Looking for a reset function for the Windows 10 operating system?
- Windows 10 does not drive the PC when "shutting down" via the menu, if you want to restart the computer completely reset to do?
- What is the status of the hard disk and RAM at the next start, where is the PC not restarted, is it better than shutting down the PC to clear the RAM?
- "Shutdown" is important only if you want to turn off the computer completely. "Restart" is always correct, if you actually want to continue to be busy on the computer, just want to complete an action.?
- I can not imagine that a PC really shuts down completely when it restarts before it restarts. And if he does, how does he know that he should start again?
- What if I press shutdown then Windows turns off, why is it written to the hard drive?
- During a cold start, the POST (Power on Self Test) is first executed by the BIOS, which checks whether RAM is there, Grafik card etc, possibly complaining with beep tones or, if everything is ok, looks for a bootable partition and then indicates the operating system or its boot manager.?
- The cache is cleared when you restart, so is a restart more than a shutdown?
- It is so that I can not restart, what have I already looked in the bios under?
- The difference if a PC after I shutdown Windows 10 is big?
- Should I tell the difference the OS when a computer is turned on reset the RAM memory in the BIOS?
- Difference start and restart Windows completely?
- "Restart" may be required (eg after updates or a program installation / uninstallation). This will then be displayed on the desktop. The note reads, "all changes will take effect after a reboot". Or "reboot is required, should be done now or later". "Restarting" can also make sense if any problem arises.?
- Is there a technical difference between one: restart and shutdown on Windows?
- The difference between "Shutdown" and "Restart" reboot has already declared absolutely correct and get a DH for it. Only to the question, "when is it absolutely necessary to shut down the computer". "Absolutely necessary" is only if you want to turn off the PC completely.?
- On Windows 10 is the startup not restarting, how can I restart it manually?
- Does win restart on the computer reset the CPU?
- Need guidance is there a point restart?
- I have the problem that the computer cannot find an operating system?
- What happens when you restart, are all processes and programs really terminated, do all programs and processes have to be reinstalled?
- Difference restart / switch off + restart there is a difference between "restart" and "switch off and then restart"?
- I have had problems with my Windows computer for a few days, often it doesn't recognize the keyboard or mouse when I start up. Can I restart it somewhere?
- Help the RAM is full, so I'm having problems turning off Windows, the mouse and keyboard are not working?
Keywords: system, general, where, difference, shut, down, reboot, windows, legitimate, question, about, between, turning, shutting, restarting, course, everyone, knows, that, Questions, Answers, Software