How to select non adjacent files in explorer list view?
Simple select non adjacent files in the explorer list view, 4 solution for this problem on Windows 10, ... and MS Server!
It also does not matter if the windows is 10 or 8.1 or an older Windows that is very easy to mark ergo select non adjacent files in the Quad-Directory-File-Explorer
and also in Microsoft File Explorer
1.) Solution 1: select multiple files with help of CTRL!
Please hold down the CTRL key and click the files via right mouse or space!
The first click on a file is select, the second click is deselect (unselect) the file or folder!
(... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
| (Image-1) Select non adjacent files with help of CTRL!
2.) Solution 2: select multiple files with help of Q-Dir select!
Please activate the filter in Q-Dir and disable the file filter to be a file selector (... see Image-2 Arrow-1,2 and 3)
enter the filter text and the files will be selected in list view! (... see Image-2 Arrow-3 and 4)
See also: ... How can I filter the Files in Q-dir!
| (Image-2 Select multiple files in explorer list view via Q-Dir selector!
3.) Solution 3: select multiple files or folders via check-boxes!
Please enable "Use check boxes to select items"
(... see Image-3 Arrow-1 and 2) is for windows vista, seven, eight, 8.1 and higher!
See also: ... select multiple files using checkbox why not in Q-Dir!?
| (Image-3) Select multiple non adjacent files in Q-Dir check boxes!
4.) Solution 4: select multiple files or folders via column filter!
Please click the column file filter and for example select the file type! to filter file type :) (... see Image-4 Arrow- 1 and 2)
the solution is for windows vista, seven, eight, 8.1 and higher!
| (Image-4) Select files in explorer list view via Columns file filter!
5.) Multiple screen Setup Bug in List View?
Multiple screen setup, 2-3 depending on location I run Q-dir in 2 left one right layout.
If the columns are to wide a scrollbar appears in the bottom. If I then try to click, drag-select multiple items in a dir, From the white beneath the last items (very important), then my mouse-cursor teleports all the way to my second screen on the right.
Note: This only happens when I use Q-dir on the left screen and have a screen on the right of it.
This issue has been bugging me for a few months, I hope you'll be able to fix it.
I think that's a common bug in Windows 10 Case Creators Update. But! I will do my best and search for this BUG
The Selecting or marking of non-adjacent files is not a challenge, even for a novice Windows user which previously worked eg on Apple's MAC OS. The elegant solution is written not only for Windows 10, although these screenshots have been made under Windows 10. You can safely use this markup / selection solution on other versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems to tag non-adjacent files, whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, MS Surface Pro / Go, or even a Professional Server operating system.
It is a simple yet effective way, use it and get in touch with the benefits of selecting or marking of non-adjacent files in all explorer views. Is a nice example that makes much more fun and is very beneficial to use file selection solution, on the new MS Windows OS, or on any of older OS.
FAQ 99: Updated on: 22 June 2020 15:44
The solution is simple to display the last opened favorite or the name of the .qdr file in the explorer title bar Content: 1. The favorite files
The solution is simple to enable, disable or customize the Address-Toolbar in Explorer Views of Q-Dir Please click in Q-Dir on Menu, Extras, Address-Bar
The solution is very easy to change the rules for the visibility of the tabs for tabbed browsing in Q-Dir You find this option under the menu item Extras,
Remove Q-Dir from Windows Autostart Startup, this example is for Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 plus Windows Server Content: 1. Standard Remove from Autostart
The solution is simple to switch in Q-Dir from new to old Tree-View Content: 1. About Tree-View In Q-Dir 2. Some info about Tree View 3.
The solution is simple to disable or enable Column Header in Q-Dir Listview Please activate or deactivate over: Main Menu > Extras > List-View > Column
The solution is simple to reset Q-DIR to defaults as in fresh install You can delete the start.qdr and q-dir.ini at install version is it in %appdata%
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- So several files are marked, and another in the third file explorer is to be marked in addition to the already marked files in folder 3 to move it elegantly as well as all subfolders in file explorer 2, so right above?
- What a key / toggle hold down for the first file and the last file in the left file list, or alternatively next to the second file also the seventh file to be able to drag while holding down the mouse button, i.e. marking files that are not one below the other or next to each other are moved to right folder?
- How to select images which are not adjacent in folder in windows 10?
- To select adjacent files or folders, hold down the which key?
- I can mark a single file, the second file that is removed I want to mark the first file and then I simply mark the second one. Simply mark several files that are not one below the other in one of the folders with the many files?
- Write the steps to select adjaent file of folder?
- To mark different files that are not adjacent to each other?
- If all files are to be selected one after the other and I want to select another one, what key combination do I need to select the files in order to be able to copy them quickly?
- Searching for a tip where I can learn how to mark multiple files in a Windows folder. Mark all files I know on Windows there are commands to mark files under Windows in the File Explorer views I need to do what you want by pressing to select files and folders to mark?
- What is adjesent and non adjesent folder?
- Is there any kind of click and select group select selection reverse selected file?
- Select non-contiguous files?
- Software to select files from windows explorer from a list?
- How to select non adjacent files?
- Which key is used to select non adjacent file?
- Non adjecnt flies in file expikorer?
- In Microsoft file explorer how do you select adjacent files or folders.?
- Wich key do we use to selct non adjacent fils?
- How do you mark one or more files in the Explorer views on Windows, or how do I mark one or more files in all file lists, so I want to mark several files differently to copy files, what can I try there is a trick to mark files with keyboard or mouse?
- Adjacent and non adjacent files?
- The key selecting non adjacent items?
- Selecting adjecent and non adjecent icons?
- What is adjacent files?
- What keyboard button would I press to select files that are adjacent or continuous in the file management software?
- Non adjacent files?
- State the steps involved in selecting adjacent?
- Mark non-neighboring files on all versions of Windows do not mark all files that I have just clicked, mark all files with a few exceptions Solution for the marking problem or marking the files that should not be marked later?
Keywords: select, multiple, adjacent, files, explorer, list, view, folders, Questions, Answers, Software