What does cross-platform mean?
What can I imagine under cross-platform program is a legitimate question, and there is also a simple answer!
1.) Cross-platform understanding!
If a program or application is
, it is called
of the software. These programs have the ability to work on different operating systems.
is often referred to as portability, this comes from the term porting. When porting when an application (software program) is made platform-independent is the process.
About platform independence on wikipedia:
... Platform independence is the property of a program on different computer systems with differences in architecture, processor, compiler, operating system and ... !
Cross-platform = platform independence
For example Firefox is a Cross-Platform Software for Linux, Android, MAC, Windows, Ubuntu ....
2.) More topic-related information!
FAQ 11: Updated on: 24 July 2022 13:40
The file formats, or file types are very coherent terms in todays world of computer science. File Type = Application Assignment Software, Programs, App
A function stands for the way of working or the purpose. Often it is called activity and serves a specific purpose The concept of the functions is to perform
A boot disk boot disk is used for an emergency start or as a rescue medium if the system no longer works properly. The use of boot floppy disks is coming
Facebook.com is an internet platform , where you can register easily, to meet old and new people You can, if you want it, provide personal and private information
An internet platform internet presence is basically a website or a web presence. The word web comes from English and in this case stands for the net
Aero comes from the Greek and stands for air Currently, the term is very circulating, because of the new Windows 10 without Aero Because Windows 10 / 8.1
Trial Version = Trial Version = Trial Version A trial version is just for testing, its not freeware, or shareware. The trial version is used to get to know
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I thought it refers to the ability of software or hardware on different platforms and applications for Windows OS only!
- What does cross-platform mean?
- Do I need a platform independent program, what are the advantages?
- What are platform independent programs, applications and software?
- Cross-platform multiplayer?
- Cross-platform what does that mean?
- What can I imagine under cross-platform program?
- Cross-platform multiplayer what's that?
- What are free apps with platform independence?
- Cross-platform computing is becoming more and more important to me as I can better connect local area network computers with different OS types!
- What does ported to platform independence mean?
- What does cross-platform multiplayer mean?
Keywords: computer, glossar, what, does, cross-platform, mean, imagine, under, program, legitimate, question, there, also, simple, answer, application, iscross-platform, Questions, Answers, Software