What is the WDDM driver model of my GPU / graphics card?
Detect which version of WDDM driver model your GPU driver uses / supports by opening the DirectX diagnostic program on Windows 11, 10, ... and other MS OS!
This simple solution is not only suitable for the new Windows 11 and 10, the query from the WDDM driver model can be queried under all Windows operating systems and can also be used as an example by Windows beginners to system administrators.
The query from the WDDM driver model of the graphics cards!
Use the Windows + R key and the dxdiag command and then press Enter to type that and then press Enter to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
Click on the "Display"
tab and look under "Driver Model"
under the Driver group box on the right .
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4
| (Image-1) What is the WDDM driver model of my GPU / graphics card?
WDDM is a replacement for the previous Windows 2000 and Windows XP display driver model, XDDM / XPDM, and is aimed at enabling better graphics performance as well as new graphics features and stability. Display drivers in Windows Vista and Windows 7 can use either WDDM or XDDM. However, with the removal of XDDM from Windows 8, WDDM became the only option. WDDM provides the capabilities needed to render the desktop and applications with Desktop Window Manager, a compositing window manager running Windows Direct3D. It also supports new DXGI interfaces, which are required for basic device management and creation. The WDDM specification requires at least a Direct3D 9 capable graphics card, and the display driver must implement the device driver interfaces for the Direct3D 9Ex runtime to run older Direct3D applications. Optional runtime interfaces for Direct3D 10 and higher can be implemented.
FAQ 82: Updated on: 24 July 2021 17:17
When buying a notebook / laptop, regardless of whether it is a MAC or Windows 11, 10, . PC, the term integrated graphics card appears If you have graphics
Everyone loses data at some point, either from a computer or hard drive failure, or your files are lost to a software bug not only on Windows 11, 10,
Windows 11, 10, etc. will restart your PC and begin restoring. It may take System Restore a while to restore all of these files Allow at least 15 minutes,
The solution is very simple to initiate a forced shutdown of computers / notebooks and tablets or smartphones not only on Windows 11, 10, Hold down
Printer problems after an upgrade or update under current Windows 11, 10, and MS Server operating systems are not uncommon You havent done anything
If a CPU is 32 bit and you believe that you can change it to 64 bit, for example change 64 bit via CMD, that is of course not possible not only on Windows
Here is a list of Windows keyboard shortcuts / key combinations / keyboard commands to switch / jump between windows on computers with Microsoft Windows.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Does directX 11 have a WDDM 1.0 driver?
- WDDM 1.0 driver?
- Wddm or xddm?
- I can determine the name of the built-in graphics card, it appears in Dxdiag. Where can I find the data such as the manufacturer, model, the graphics chips used and the WDDM driver model?
- Wddm 1.1 graphics card win 10 / 11?
- Wddm driver?
- I am wondering where I can determine the type of graphics card and the WDDM driver model in Windows, Windows 10 and 11 already has a diagnostic program for the graphics cards on board in early versions, so that I can find out, for example, which graphics card the computer has and which driver version is installed where is the WDDM driver model?
- How do I proceed to find out which version of DirectX is installed, is there system information that I can see or further information such as the model, the graphics chips used and the WDDM driver model?
- WDDM driver model?
Keywords: what, wddm, driver, model, graphics, card, detect, version, supports, opening, directx, diagnostic, solution, windows, 11, 10, Questions, Answers, Software