Can I create an Internet shortcut in the Windows 11 start menu?
You can create an Internet shortcut for the desktop in a roundabout way and then place it in the Windows 11 start menu!
The Windows 11 start menu is basically a replacement for the old start menu. Not everyone just wants to use it to shop in the app shop! Desktop users despair, especially those who were used to being able to customize everything from Windows 7 and XP. But customization is limited here. For some things in Windows 11 it's easier, but not in the Start menu! It used to be tiles, now there are symbols in the start menu again.
Nevertheless, here is the solution ;-), and so that you don't all have to scroll like a monkey, I made the pictures more compact!
1.) An Internet shortcut on the Windows 11 desktop start menu capable!
1. Copy the address from the address line of your favorite browser to the clipboard
(Ctrl + A = select all (Ctrl + C = copy to the clipboard)
2. Click on a free space on the desktop
3. As always> New> Shortcut Create
4. Important: explorer.exe as a target and then the address (without explorer.exe can not pinning to start)
For example: explorer.exe https://www.softwareok.de
5. the name of the address or whatever always use
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 8)
| (Image-1) Internet shortcut in the Windows 11 start menu, capable on the desktop!
2.) ... Find an Internet symbol from the Shell32.dll!
2. On properties
3. On the button "Other symbol"
4. And just customize the icon
3.) Pin the Internet shortcut to the Windows 11 start menu!
Now that we've just created a start menu-enabled internet shortcut and successfully customized the icon, it's a small step to pin it to the start menu!
1. Right click on the correct symbol
2. Pin to "Start"
3. And use the Internet link in the Windows 11 start menu
| (Image-3) Internet shortcut in Windows 11 start menu!
4.) ... Example with four internet Shortcuts in Star Menu!
Here is an example with four different Internet shortcuts in the Windows 11 start menu
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-4) Example Four Internet shortcut in the Windows 11 start menu!
FAQ 63: Updated on: 4 November 2021 16:42
The Windows 11 Smart Screen protects against downloads and the installation of malware, but the protection can be deactivated / adjusted 1. Windows 11 Run
Windows 11 has a disk cleanup for hard disks to clean up the SSD, HD, and to free up a little space 1. The Disk Cleanup in MS Windows 11 OS 2.
Yes, everyone can continue to use their Internet Explorer favorites on Windows 11, but the folder must first be copied to a USB stick 1. Start the MS File
If you have several OS on the PC, you can quickly set the standard boot operating system directly under MS Windows 11 PCs 1. Set the standard boot
Is it easy to set the timer, stopwatch or alarm under Microsofts Windows 11 OS 1. Please start the Windows 11 search using the search symbol on the taskbar
With the quick start of Microsofts Windows 11, the operating system starts faster, activation and deactivation is always possible 1. Activating the
The simple solution if Windows 11 goes into stand-by mode too early or the screen goes black too quickly If no other software is running that prevents hibernation,
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Website Internet shortcuts in the start menu?
- I can't create shortcuts in start, am looking for tutorial that shows me how to create website or link on windows 11 start menu?
- I have my preferred browsers, Firefox, Chrome and Edge, opening the website from the start menu does not work?
- How do I create a website link shortcut on Windows 11 that I can use in the start?
- I have the operating system Windows 11, I cannot create Internet shortcuts to regularly visited websites on my Start menu, create on the desktop works with Chrome, Edge, Firefox?
Keywords: windows, 11, create, internet, shortcut, start, menu, desktop, roundabout, then, place, basically, Questions, Answers, Software