DirectX 12 doesn't work on my Windows 11, why?
If DirectX 12 does not work on Windows 11/10, it may well be that your graphics card does not support DirectX 12!
If the DirectX 12 is not supported, the DirectX 12 Ultimate
will not work either. Fortunately, there are still games that do not require DirectX 12 and are simply based on OpenGL, such as the popular Corona-KO time game
. But it could also be that you installed the wrong driver, or that Windows 11 did not recognize your graphics card correctly, but that wouldn't be so bad!
1.) Get DirectX 12 up and running on Windows 11!
Check whether your graphics card has been recognized correctly and whether it supports WDDM 2.0
( ... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4 )
If the graphics card was not recognized or DX 12 is not displayed, then simply go to the manufacturer's website and the current Windows 11 / 10 Download and install graphics card drivers, some graphics card drivers require a restart of Windows 11 !
Driver download: ► ... AMD driver , ► ... NVIDIA driver , ... Intel driver
With Windows 11 you can also use the Windows 10 driver, please note that it is an x64 driver and not the for 32 bit (x86 / x32)!
| (Image-2) DirectX 12 doesn't work on my Windows 11, why?
2.) Why does Windows 11/10 not recognize my graphics card!
Newer graphics cards are well recognized by Windows 10 and 11, older graphics cards and on-board can sometimes be misinterpreted, the standard Microsoft graphics card driver is installed here to ensure that the ministerial functions are guaranteed. Many users who do not need DirectX 12, 11, ... do not notice it for years. Which is not bad if it is only a Windows Office PC and no 3D hardware acceleration is required!
If so, simply download the driver: ► ... AMD driver , ► ... NVIDIA driver , ... Intel driver
3.) What should I watch out for when installing the driver and DX 12!
In general, there is not much to consider when installing, not only with regard to DirectX 12 with newer hardware, graphics cards, ... Problems tend to arise with graphics cards that were manufactured before 2014. Even with older graphics cards, the graphics card will not be recognized, as was the case with Windows 10, it is no different with Windows 11!
FAQ 6: Updated on: 19 May 2022 18:50
DirectX 12 Ultimate is the new gold standard for gaming graphics on the PC and the next generation of Xbox consoles The DX12U graphics in film quality,
After downloading Windows 11, i of course measured the installation and download time for Windows 11 Pro or Home 1. Installation time of Windows 11 <<
Yes, you can use Windows 11 without an Microsoft Account / Registration, from Windows 11 Pro version this is possible If your computer is not connected
It is quite easy to display or recalculate the Windows 11 ExperienceIndex for Windows 11 with a 100 KB tool, is OK 1. Please start as always ► .. the latest
Deactivating and activating the window shadows under Windows 11 can be done very easily at any time without a great deal of specialist knowledge 1.
Its easy and is also possible to create desktop shortcuts on the MS Windows 11 Desktop You can still create shortcuts on the MS Windows 11 desktop As
Yes, you can force the shutdown of MS Windows 11, since it is also a Windows NT OS in the base 1. The command for aggressive Windows 11 shutdown?
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where can I find DirectX under Windows 11?
- Can Windows 11 work with DirectX 10 graphics cards?
- The DirectX 12 is not visible on my Windows 11, what am I doing wrong?
- Where is directx 12.exe in Windows 11?
- Is my directx 12 OK, where can DirectX 12 be recognized under Windows 11?
- Nvidia graphics cards also support DirectX 12 for Windows 11?
- How do I find out the DirectX 12 option in Windows 11?
- Windows 11 DirectX 12 open directory and folder?
- Graphics card for new Windows 10 Where is the download for DirectX 12 under Windows 10?
- Keyboard shortcuts for DirectX 12 in Windows 11, where can I find important information about whether my graphics card is DirectX 12?
- Will Windows 11 support DirectX 12 graphics cards?
- Can you find DxDiag Windows 12?
- Where is Microsoft DirectX 12 in Windows 11?
- Directx 12 program for Windows 11?
- How can I find out whether my Windows 11 graphics card is suitable for directx 12?
- I can't find DirectX 12 in Windows 11, how do I open Microsoft DirectX 12 in Windows 11?
- Video card supports DirectX 12 on Windows 11 display?
Keywords: windows, 11, 12, directx, doesn, work, graphics, card, support, supported, Questions, Answers, Software