Why can't I align / docking the Windows 11 taskbar: left, right?
You can align / docking the Windows 11 taskbar to the left, right and top via a registry intervention!
1.) What should you watch out for when aligning / docking the Windows 11 taskbar?
Alignment from the system is not intended, when aligning the Windows 11 taskbar to the right or left, the file explorer crashes, which repeats itself in a loop again and again. Working under Windows 11 is almost impossible!
When aligning the Windows 11 taskbar at the top of the desktop , there were no problems, only that the Windows 11 start menu always appears on the left, so it's best to align the Windows 11 taskbar to the left if you absolutely want to work with the taskbar at the top of the Windows 11 desktop!
So! Aligning to the right or left is not advisable!
| (Image-1) Align the Windows 11 taskbar on the top of the Desktop!
2.) The registry entry for aligning the Windows 11 taskbars!
CAUTION! For experienced Windows users only!
1. Start the Windows 11 Registry Editor
3. Mark and open the Settings value and double-click
4.Open the 13th Mark value 03 and enter 01
00 = Windows 11 taskbar left (file explorer crash)
01 = Windows 11 taskbar top (if OK)
02 = Windows 11 taskbar right (crash file explorer)
03 = Windows 11 taskbar bottom (everything OK standard value)
5. You must then log off or ► restart Explorer
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 7)
As I said, please be aware that there are some bugs associated with this as Microsoft does not support this taskbar relocation. Moving the taskbar up moves the Start menu up, but aligns it with the upper-left corner, even if the taskbar icons stay centered. The taskbar is in the top right where it belongs, but when you click the clock, speaker, or notifications, the pop-up menus for it appear in the lower right corner. However, the search menu is still centered.
| (Image-2) The Windows 11 taskbar at the top of the desktop!
3.) ... Align the Windows 11 taskbar to the left!
1. Open the Windows 11 settings Windows + i
2. Scroll / click on "Personalization"
3. Scroll on the right-hand side to the taskbar
(1 to 3 == or do a right click on the Windows 11 Taskbar)
4. Scroll on the right-hand side to Behavior of the taskbar and simply open it
5 . And switch from centered to left
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-3) Windows 11 taskbar from centered align to left!
FAQ 115: Updated on: 20 September 2021 12:36
When looking for an option to start the Windows 11 Task Manager via the taskbar, you dont have to panic Everyone probably knows how easy it is to start
If you want the directory structure to automatically expand to the open folder, you only have to activate it in Windows 11 Explorer 1. The auto expand
Potentially unwanted apps are also blocked under Windows 11, as under Windows 10, if they have not been deactivated If you want to be sure that this option
Many users wonder if you can encrypt certain folders or files on Windows 11, the answer is like on other MS Windows OS, YES If you want to encrypt a Windows
If you want to prevent the thumbnails from being temporarily saved under Windows 11, you have to change a registry entry 1. Deactivate the thumbnail
The desktop folder or the desktop directory on Windows 11, 10, is especially useful when you have different users on the PC 1. Your own desktop
In Windows 11 you can set an internet data limit so that your PC does not use more than the allowed amount of data The nice thing is that in Windows 11
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can't move the taskbar left or right on Windows 11?
- Looking for the registry hack that makes it possible to move the Windows 11 taskbar to the left or right side of the screen?
- Want the Windows 11 taskbar on the left side of the screen?
- Does the Windows 11 registry key values like Windows 10 use which side of the screen to place the taskbar on?
- The taskbar on Windows 11 is always at the bottom of the screen, why?
- When moving the taskbar, status symbols are missing in the taskbar and the button for the quick settings?
- Windows 11 lets me move the taskbar left or right, but it doesn't look good, why?
- The positioning of the taskbar in Windows 11 does not work, want to correct the Windows 11 taskbar so that it can take up other positions on the left and right?
- Help the buttons are not displayed on the Microsoft taskbar when looking for a movable taskbar for the desktop on the page?
- Can I move the taskbar at the top of the screen on Windows 11?
- Why can't I place the taskbar on the right side of the screen in Windows 11?
- I installed Windows 11 in October 2021, I cannot move the taskbar and resize it?
Keywords: windows, 11, align, taskbar, left, right, top, desktop, registry, intervention, watch, when, aligning, Questions, Answers, Software