How can I display the Windows version number on the desktop?
The decorative Windows version number can be easily read in all Windows operating systems on the Win desktop!
This can be done very quickly via the Windows registry! APC restart is required, or an Explorer restart
Set the "DWORD" value of PaintDesktopVersion to:
"0" for displaying the "Windows version number".
"1" for not displaying the "Windows version number".
This works with Windows Server 2000/2003/2005/2008/2012/2016 and also with Windows Vista / XP, as well as on the new Windows 7 and Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 11 and 10.
New FAQ: Windows 10 version number and build Number visible on the desktop !
Open the registry .... click here
Windows version number on the desktop display Windows-8, XP, 7, 8.1 ....!
Everyone has noticed before that during the beta versions of Windows there is always a version of Windows on the desktop in the lower right corner! Here is the solution, how this feature can be activated or deactivated regardless of whether --- OS_Windows6 --- or the old XP.
Obviously, not everyone cares about what exactly makes it a trick. Either way, it is a good thing to better understand how your operating system works.
You can get it back again! The very brief FAQ and written procedure will show you exactly how the changes will take effect immediately. That's right, no logout required.
Now everyone knows at a glance what kind of Windows 10 update they had without having to stop working on their computer. Editing the registry is dangerous and requires administrative rights. You do this at your own risk.
FAQ 48: Updated on: 29 June 2021 15:22
You have probably forgotten to activate the "Reconnect at login" option . The fact that the network drive folder will disappear is not noticeable at first
The Windows registry editor regedt32.exe can be started in different ways. With all Windows operating systems, shortcut Windows logo + R and the command
As a rule, the desktop directory should be located under: C: \ Documents and Settings \ Your Name \ Desktop More detailed here: ►► Where is the real folder
Yes, it is possible to start another REGEDT32.EXE under Windows in order to see regedit in the new window, this example is suitable for Windows 10, Windows
Yes, Ive also read that you can use the registry key and it doesnt work under Windows 10, 8.1 and MS Server 2019 ;- "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\"
From Windows 2000 / XP and in the new Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8.1, programs can be started in MS Windows compatibility mode. Simply click on the program
Usually you cant or shouldnt install 32-bit x86 on x64 64-bit;. Such a thing can only lead to problems and if it does work, then it is definitely
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Show Win version on desktop?
- Hide windows 8.1 on desktop?
- Show windows number?
- Windows 8.1 version number?
- Hide windows 8 build number?
- Remove windows built display on desktop?
- Win 8.1 version number?
- Show current windows 10 and Windows 11 build on screen?
- Hide windows 10 and Windows 11 build?
- Where can I get the version number of the religious key directory?
- Windows 2012 r2 build # show?
- Show Windows 10 and Windows 11 version number?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version show?
- Show windows info on desktop?
- Hide windows build number?
- Why is the version number displayed on the desktop in Windows 7 and not in Windows XP?
- Turn off Windows version display on desktop?
- Show Windows version on desktop?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version desktop show?
- Version number?
- Win10 and Windows 11 version desktop?
- Show Windows 10 and Windows 11 build?
- Windows 8 OS version number?
- With Windows XP, can I display the version number on the desktop as it does on my Vista computer?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating system show?
- Show version number windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Build nr win 10 and Windows 11 on desktop show?
- Win xp version on desktop?
- Hide Windows 8 build version?
- Turn off Windows 7 versions on desktop?
- Hide version info in win 8.1 desktop?
- Windows version desktop show?
- Would like to see the version number of windows at the bottom right?
- Show Windows version number?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version build on desktop?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 system version on desktop?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 show version info?
- Windows version desktop?
- Can you somehow hide the Vista version number on the desktop? I really don't need something like that and find it totally unnecessary.
- Show Win 10 and Windows 11 version number?
- Display win version on desktop?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version number desktop?
- Windows xp verson show?
- Windows version number?
- Show Windows 7 version?
- Remove Windows version on desktop?
- Build version number 15061?
- Windows 8.1 system display on desktop?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version show desktop?
- Show Windows 10 and Windows 11 version on desktop?
- The version number that is displayed on the desktop in Windows 7 annoys me !?
- Windows 7 desktop number?
- Show Windows system on desktop?
- Windows version numbers show under win 10 and Windows 11?
- Show Windows 10 and Windows 11 version on the desktop?
- Windows version on desktop windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Show Windows version?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 version display?
- Show Windows 7 build?
Keywords: system, general, display, windows, 10, 11, 8.1, version, number, desktop, decorative, easily, read, operating, systems, this, done, very, quickly, registry, Questions, Answers, Software