In Firefox navigation between tabs are Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn!
In Firefox navigation between tabs, the standard navigation buttons for this function are Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn why not in Q-Dir?!
TIP: Restore the last closed tabs by right-clicking on the tab bar.
1.) Switch tabs through (switch)!
The Firefox is a very good browser, but there is no a file manager!
The Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn [foxus up/down]
Is used by windows list view (System-Default) and the Firefox has no list view!
Please use : [CTRL + TAB] and for back [CTRL + SHIFT + TAB] in Fire Fox is also so!
| (Image-1) Switch The Tabs in Q-Dir via Keyboard Shortcuts!
2.) Close tabs New Tabs and ....
Close The Tab
1. Double-click with the left mouse button on a tab.
2. By clicking with the middle mouse button on a tab (*1).
3. Right mouse click on a tab. Then close context menu or close all others.
4. Shortcut CTRL + W closes the current tab / tab (*1).
To (*1): is solved in Internet Explorer 11/10... 7 and in Fire Fox too!
New Tab in Q-Dir
Right-click with the mouse:
1. On the new folder icon - in the address bar, a new tab is opened with the current folder path!
2. On the workstation / computer icon - in the address bar, a new tab opens with the folder My Computer!
Middle mouse click:
1. The icons of the (modern) address bar also open a new tab.
3.) Open New Tab Via Drag and Drop in all / from all Explorer Views!
Please Drag a Folder or Drive and Drop it on the Free-Space in Tab-Bar
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 2)
| (Image-2) Quad-Explorer and new Tab via Drag and Drop!
FAQ 64: Updated on: 11 June 2021 07:07
Yes, you can easily display the folder size in a column, or in the status bar on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS. It is really easy to activate the
If you want to see the full name of the folder on the tab, it is quite easy in the Quad Explorer Tabs are one of the most popular functions among pro users
It is very simple to disable or enable Auto-Expand folder feature in Q-Dir Menu ► Extras ► Tree-View ►
It is very easy to add Q-Dir to windows system shell context menu via Q-Dir extras menu
Please check the settings on: Menu > Extras > System > "Enable Privilege" And please disable it. In some companies, networks, or NTFS drives, this leads to
To start with a favorite settings, without to register *.qdr files for Q-Dir please create a shortcut
Its easy in to change the look of the Address-Bar Over ► The Main Menu ► Extras ► Address-Bar ► Modern or Classic address bar
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I am a great fan of Quad Explorer for MS Windows the Q-Dir. However I seem to be unable to find an option for what I would love to do. In any of my quadrants, in list view, if I click on a folder I want it to open in a new tab by default and not replace the current tab in which I clicked. Somehow I am unable to find a shortcut or setting to enable this function. Could you please help me?
- I use the Quad Explorer for Windows mainly in the one with several Explorer views and like to switch between the Explorer tabs. Is there a key combination with which I can do this?
- Purpose: Improve navigation between tabs How: use Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn to move between tabs Currently, if I open two or three tabs, using CTRL-T, I can switch tabs using the mouse only. In Firefox, I'm using 3.6, the standard navigation buttons for this function are Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn to move to the left and right tab. 1. Installed OS : Xp 2. Service Pack 3 3. Internet Explorer 6 Excellent tool! 5/5?
- Is it possible to cycle through the tabs in a quadrant with the keyboard? I do not work with the keyboard. I could not find anything suitable in the shortcuts.?
Keywords: firefox, navigation, between, tabs, ctrl-pageup, ctrl-pagedn, standard, buttons, this, function, q-dir, Questions, Answers, Software