Is there a way i can stop it from saving the file to my desktop?
At DesktopOK 1.71 it is possible to save the DesktopOK settings and Desktop Icons Layout in The Windows Registry!
Similarly, one can now optionally rename the DesktopOK.exe to DesktopOK_reg.exe. Thus, the Iconlayout and the settings are stored in the registry.
Under : "HKCU/Software/SoftwareOK.de/DesktopOK".
Since there were reports by user, about save problems in Windows 7 is available at this time as an alternative.
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
| (Image-1) DesktopOK save the settings in Windows Registry!
FAQ 7: Updated on: 28 August 2023 08:32
Yes, DesktopOK has this save option for the correct layout naming for multi-screens and virtual desktop, via menu, menu-point Save Options. Info: At 1.75
It is very easy to switch / change the Language in DesktopOK to English or to Other Language for Windows 11, 10, etc.. Is the same version or download. Please
You must activate the Auto-Save feature in DesktopOK , and it does not matter whether it is, Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or MS Server 2019, OS Info: Easy
It is easy to save and load the desktop icons position from a file, and it does not matter whether it is Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or MS Server OS Content:
Dont use the TEMP folder in Windows, and dont start the DesktopOK.exe from the zip folder. For correct work Please use always the latest version
You can use from the DesktopOK version 4.14 wildcards for the save options in the user-defined text on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server %WA% Work area
In order to banish any other window in the notification area To-tray of the Windows 11, 10, etc. taskbar, the right-click option, on the close button
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- My PC has other users than me, sometimes we are logged on at the same time (using Switch User).?
- DesktopOK automatic ini start?
- DesktopOK automatic ini start, stop windows from saving in last folder?
- When I switch back to my Windows account, I see that DesktopOK has saved positions with resolution from that other user, and with only one monitor. If I haven't manually saved icon positions before his switch, I cannot restore my icons.?
- Very nice program design. The program seems to save OK but does not restore. I tried the other version but got the same results. Nothing happens when I click restore after changing the layout to test the program. What can I do?
- Stop windows from saving in last folder?
- Desktop ok exe, How do I stop files automatically going to my documents in windows 7?
- I found one problem:?
- Thank you for your program DesktopOK. I use it all the time. I have a question... everytime I save my desktop it puts a ini file on my desktop. it's called "DesktopOK.ini". Is there a way I can stop it from saving the file to my desktop?
- How do I stop files automatically going to my documents in windows 7?
- How do i stop downloads from saving to my computer, how to stop downloads from saving to the desktop?
- How do i stop downloads from saving to my computer?
- Another user comes at the computer, switches to his user account in Windows, DesktopOK keeps running in my account. This other user uses different screen resolution, and only one monitor.?
- How to stop adobe files saving to desktop?
- Desktop ok exe?
- How to stop downloads from saving to the desktop?
- Only I run DesktopOK, have it set up to auto-save icon position. I have two monitors, and use both in my account.?
Keywords: desktopok, there, stop, from, saving, file, desktop, registri, layouts, positions, Questions, Answers, Software