Unsatisfied with the new date / time setting on Windows 11 - don't panic - it's easy to find and start the old date-time dialog on Windows 11!
1.) ... Starting the classic date and time setting on Windows 11!
2.) ... Create a desktop shortcut!
3.) ... Make the date and time setting available in the start menu + symbol!
4.) ... The new clock settings on Windows 11!
Windows 11 has changed the user interface for clock and calendar quite a bit from previous versions. While the new style is attractive and goes well with the Windows 11 look, you can still use the old Windows 7 and 8.1 UI for these features, why not if it works.
2. Simply the command control.exe date/time or even better timedate.cpl
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4)
And you can see the classic clock and calendar settings on your Windows 11 desktop
|(Image-1) Start the old date and time dialog under Windows 11!|
1. Keyboard shortcut Windows + D to set focus on the desktop
2. Click on a free space on the desktop
3. As always ► New ► Create shortcut
4. As target timedate.cpl
5. As name for example Date-Time
As symbol path use: C:\Windows\System32\timedate.cpl so that it is also visually appealing
But it is explained here: ►► Make the time setting available in the start menu + symbol!
|(Image-2) Start the date time dialog via a desktop shortcut!|
If you have ►► created a desktop shortcut as described, it is almost easy to make it available in the start with an appealing date-time symbol!
1. Right-click on the desktop shortcut you just created
2. Open the settings in the target (point 3), insert explore or explorer.exe
( important otherwise the option to "pin to Start" does not appear)
3. The Change symbol Path "C:\Windows\System32\timedate.cpl"
4. Then 2 x OK button
5. Right-click again and "Pin to "Start"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 and / to 8)
|(Image-3) Date and time dialog in the Windows 11 start menu!|
1. Simple right-click on the time / date in the Windows 11 taskbar
2. And you can adjust all options for the time and date in Windows 11
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 4)
|(Image-4) Change date and time in Windows 11!|