NAS and networks are not recognized on the Windows 10 / 11 computer (network drive setup)?
Problems with NAS (network drive setup) and networks that are not displayed on the Windows 10 / 11 computer!
The reason is that after the update to Windows 10 version / build 1709 or to Windows 11 for access to the memory various NAS drives such as the popular FRITZ box, speed port Telekom, or other networks, as well as the SMB1 network protocol must be enable. This is no longer installed / activated by default. But that's not a big hassle on Windows 10 / 11 Home and Pro.
Content / solution:
1.) SMB 1.0 about programs and features!
About W10 start:
On the Windows taskbar, click "Start" and then on "Settings"
On the Settings menu on apps
Click in the section "Related settings" on "Programs and Features"
You can call
the window directly using the Windows + R appwiz.cpl
command . And change Windows features.
| (Image-1) NAS and networks are not recognized on the Windows 10!
2.) Enable support for the SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing!
Now, click or tap on its touch in the "Uninstall or change a program"
: "Turn Windows features on or off"
In the Windows Features window, enable Support for:
SMB 1.0 / CIFS File Sharing or SMB1.0 / CIFS File Sharing Support .
Then just click on "OK" .
After that, you will be prompted to restart Windows 10
At the end of the installation, just click on "Restart Now"
(... see Image-2
| (Image-2) NAS and networks are not recognized on the Windows 10!
Making sure your Windows 10 has SMB support on your Windows 10 computer is no magic. Yes, not only on Linux, Appel's Mac OS or Android you can easily use SMB or NAS. The elegant way to enable SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing support is not just for Windows 10 desktop computers. As you can see at the top of the Windows 10 shot screenshot, it is quite easy to access NAS again. You can easily apply this simple and fast SMB solution to other Microsoft Windows System configurations, whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system.
3.) Further tips on possible problems with the network!
As you can see, problems with NAS (Network Attached Storage) which are usually very rare can have a small root cause. However, other problems can also arise that are not so easy to fix, here are other helpful tips that can help you with any network problems you may have. Which can also indirectly affect the NAS access.
Updated on: 23 September 2022 09:34
Keywords: network, networks, recognized, windows, 11, 10, problems
Similar information on the page
Share documents and images under Windows 10 / 11, is the same solution if you share the files Documents and images is only a file type ind the sharing, If
Its easy to share files over LAN on Windows 10 / 11, the easy sharing of files allows this Info: File sharing is a very simple process, but not everyone
Windows network drives are not only stored in companies, but also privately on NAS hard drives, saving and restoring makes sense The problem with many passwords,
A network adapter as a link on the MS Windows 11, 10, desktop is practical under all Microsoft Windows operating systems and MS servers Anyone who has
Solutions if the - network path was not found - appears as an error message on Windows 10 / 11 Everyone knows the practical Windows 10 restart , for example
It is easy to find adapter settings for Windows under Windows 10 / 11 to make changes Like Googles smartphone, you can quickly open adapter settings on
It is quite easy to activate the old TELNET client under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7 or MS Server 2019, 2016, By default, the Telnet client is disabled
The solution Difference between turning off wifi and airplane mode? In Arbeit Satz1=Difference between turning off wifi and airplane mode?
Not only administrators are looking for mstsc.exe, which is responsible for the RDP Remote Desktop Protocol to connect to other computers Info: A handy
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Network service Windows client can not reach I have to make the network service for Synology specific setting for NAS, look for the reason why network storage is not listed in Windows Explorer?
- Network service NFS on the Windows computer, check whether the NAS is listed in Windows Explorer under, the workgroup checked on NAS and client, may be missing to display the NAS in Windows Explorer?
- I have activated new protocols SMB in the NAS, not recognizable on Windows 10, Apple's Mac and Linux is recognized NAS, the Microsoft network is activated. What else do I have to do on Windows in order to visibly activate NAS servers in order to access network storage from Windows 10?
- Search tool that can visually integrate the NAS in Windows 10 in Explorer, have a new network memory on the computer on Windows 10 that also replaces hard disk, Now I cannot see the memory via Windows Explorer, seems to have disappeared, someone can show how can I make the media server visible?
- Show in Windows Explorer, the connection to the NAS is established, mine The mini server for videos does not appear in Windows Explorer, why?