Wrong decimal symbol in Windows 10/11, how to change numbers formats?
You can easily change the wrong decimal symbol or other number formats in Windows 10/11, the solution is also for Server 2016, 2019!
See also: ► Mouse Double-Click problem at Windows-10 / 11 ► Start navigation click sound in Windows 11 / 10
1.) Open Customize Formats in Windows-10 / 11!
Please open the Customize Format Window in Windows 10. For example via Windows 10 Run Dialog and the command:
intl.cpl (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 and 2)
And now in the Tab Formats click the button Additional settings ... (... see Image-1 Arrow 3 and 4)
and change the decimal symbol and / or other number formats!
At this point, you can change the format for dates, times, currency, and measurements in Windows 10, and also change the sorting order of text to match sorting rules used in a specific country or region.
| (Image-1) Customize number formats in Windows-10 / 11!
One of the possible problems that may occur after installing Windows 10 instead of German letters in the programs, as well as in documents. More often, there is an incorrect display of the comma and decimal as it was initially set to English and not quite, but there are exceptions where it simply does not work.
See also: ► change the language in Windows 10 ► find auto startup folder in Windows 10
2.) Change the char for decimal symbol or other number formats!
In the Customize Format Window (Dialog) change the decimal symbol or other wrong number formats.
Or reset to System default settings! (... see Image-2)
| (Image-2) In Windows-10 change the number formats!
The regional settings in Microsoft Windows 10 / 11 have an effect and affect how the Date, Time, Numeric, and Currency data types appear when you apply formatting options. Windows 10 even supports a variety of languages, even Chinese, as well as currency and date and time formats for the countries / regions where the current languages are used.
3.) Find the Region settings via Search in Windows-10 / 11!
Please start the Windows 10 Search via Search Symbol or Windows-Logo + Q keyboard shortcut.
Enter in the search box the text region and run (open) the Region Settings! (... see Image-3)
| (Image-3) Region Settings in Windows-10!
4.) ... Worth knowing about the decimal separator under Windows 11, 10, ...!
Britain and the United States are two of the few places in the world that use a period to indicate the decimal place. Many other countries use a comma instead. While the UK and US use a comma to separate groups of thousands, many other countries use a period instead, and some countries separate groups of thousands with a thin space.
Data files with locale-specific formats are often misinterpreted when transferred to a system in a different locale. For example, a file with numbers in French, German, ... etc format is not useful for a British program.
FAQ 146: Updated on: 17 September 2023 16:11
The Disk Cleanup Manager in Windows 10 or 11 is an easy way to remove unnecessary files from your Windows 10 or 11 PC or Notebook Content, Tip, the Solution
Easy change the default operating system and boot with Windows 10, please use the HotKey Windows-Logo + R and enter the command control system 1. Open
Set Countdown Timer, Stopwatches and Alarm in Windows 10, without additional software downloads like the freeware OnlyStopWatch 1. Find and start
The solution is simple to see all computers in your wlan network on Windows-10, the solution is also for Windows 8.1 / 7 1. View all Computers, Smartphones
The solution is simple to change the desktop theme eg Windows Design in Windows-10, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 / 7 1. Change the desktop
To Auto Run a program when Windows 10 or MS Win 11 starts, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and 7 and Server OS 1. Autostart a Program from Autostart
The solution is simple to open the location of a Program in Windows-10/11 path, folder is also a tip for MS Server 2022, 2019, OS 1. Open the
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows change decimal seperator?
- I hav a pastel error! the decimal/thousand separators for number, how to Fix this Language Problem for Unicode Programs in Windows 10 and 11?
- How to fix decimals on windows 10 and 11?
- I search for related tip for wrong decimal symbol in Windows 10 and 11, it is posible to are set to use a point as the decimal symbol?
- Still formats the numbers wrong when?
- Setting. instead of comma in windows for numbers windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 change decimal?
- Widows 10 and 11 change numerical formats?
- Customize format windows 10 and 11, change numpad comma to dot all windows and ms server 2016/2012, how to?
- Change system separator windows 10 and 11?
- How to change default decimal settings on windows 10 and 11?
- How to change numbers from context to national windows 10 and 11?
- Windows server 2016 number format settings?
- Change decimal system windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 comma in period?
- Windows computer decimal symbol digit?
- Decimal slash?
- How to change in win 10 and 11 numbers format?
- How do I change the system separator, desimal point windows 10 and 11?
- Wrong format used for negative numbers in Windows 10 and 11?
- How to change the displays of currency values on Windows 10 and 11?
- How to change decimal in windows 10 and 11?
- How do i change windows calculator to decimal points?
- Regional settings comma word 2016 extended keyboard ?
- Windows 10 and 11 change decimal symbol?
- How to change decimal setting in windows 10 and 11?
- How to change list separator windows 10 and 11?
- Change Thousands and / or Decimal Separators in Excel, PowerPoint on Windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 list separator box?
- How to Change the format used by Windows 10 and 11 to display dates, times?
- Windows 10 and 11 change decimal separator?
- How to change decimal separator in windows, can i change numpad comma to dot windows 10 and 11?
- Changing decimal separator from comma to dot, can I easily change the wrong decimal symbol or other number formats?
- How to change digit break in windows 10 and 11 calculator?
- Wrong formats used for positive or negative amounts in Windows 10 and 11?
- Decimal separator windows?
- Windows 10 and 11 and Decimal symbol replaced by a comma wrong decimal separator?
- How to change the way your computer displays numbers in Windows 10 and 11?
- Thank you for pointing out how you can still find the menu for changing the decimal separator in Windows 10 and 11. If you go to the control panel in Win 10 and 11 (2004 version) and then to "Time and Language" -> "Region", you can only set the date and time format in the window that opens, but not the decimal separator which would actually make sense. Your method takes you to the window known from WIN7. There is still not everything changed in the system control in WIN10 and 11.
- Windows 10 and 11 set decimal separator?
- Change comma to dot windows 10 and 11?
- The decimal and list separator characters are set to the same value ms project win 10 and 11?
- How to Customize Currency Format on Windows 10 and 11, the formats of the decimal symbol and other digit grouping symbol?
- The decimal symbol and list separator settings in Windows 10 and 11?
- Change decimal point windows 10 and 11?
- Change decimal and thousand separators Win 10 and 11 ?
- Change decimal or list separator in windows 10 and 11?
- Computers running Microsoft's Windows Windows 10 and 11 and wrong character used as decimal symbol?
- Change decimal windows 10 and 11 program?
- Excel where to find regional settings of decimal dot?
- Windows 10 and 11 change decimal and thousands separator?
- Change 2019 word numpad dot to coma?
- I hawe a experience problems with the decimal symbol on Windows 10 and 11, when I press dot on numeric part of keyboard I get comma and programs uses as decimal separator. I would like that keyboard writes dot as, ho can I change this option?
- Wrong punctuation used to separate numbers in Windows 10 and 11, how to change it?
- Wrong decimal symbol in Windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11.0 changes decimal seperator intermittantly?
- Windows 10 and 11 how to change decimal point?
- List separator windows 10 and 11?
- How to change the number in the list with decimal?
- Windows decimal format period character?
- Windows 7 backup fixed changing decimal?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, 8.1, wrong, decimal, symbol, change, number, formats, server, 2016, Questions, Answers, Software